Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
England
OK, this is my first thread here.

Well, I recently got a Macbook pro for Christmas, but recently I have been having issues with the trackpad. Sometimes after coming out of sleepmode I find that the touchpad is very unresponsive. It seems to be linked with Airport, as when I turn it off, it sometimes stops.

One thing, it's not just limited to the touchpad. This issue is also present when using the keyboard, or a USB mouse. It seems to be a general USB mouse. I have called Apple tech support, and they gave me a support number or something. They said they would email me some articles, but I have yet to receive them.

The only USB devices I have used are my iPod, my USB mouse and my PODxt.

Any ideas? I've considered emailing sJobs@mac.com.

PhatBoyG

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I've experienced this since Leopard and it only does it while the Airport is trying to find an access point. Once it finds one, the behavior goes away.

Not perfect, but I would imagine they are trying to address it in a future update.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I would wait a few days and see if they release 10.5.2, which may solve the problems, and if they don't release it by then or if it still isn't fixed, then bring it in to your local Genius Bar. Don't email him, you won't get a legit response and if there would be any help from him, it would be telling you to go to a Genius Bar.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
England
I've experienced this since Leopard and it only does it while the Airport is trying to find an access point. Once it finds one, the behavior goes away.

Not perfect, but I would imagine they are trying to address it in a future update.
Yeah. Sounds about right. I was worried my POD had blown out my USB or something.

It's no major issue, so I'll wait for 10.5.2.

Swift Sketcher

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2007
Yeah, I had the exact same problem too. I had the istat widget installed, and that turned out to be the problem. Removing it solved it all =)

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
England
Yeah, I had the exact same problem too. I had the istat widget installed, and that turned out to be the problem. Removing it solved it all =)
Ah. Well, I have iStat.. I will remove it.

Could SMCfancontrol be related? It's just my Macbook can get really hot running Photoshop and Logic.

gaza320

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2008
erratic touchpad

I have just purchased a macbook air and found the touchpad erratic, I have found that when the power cord is plugged in that the touchpad is erratic in its operation. Operating on battery alone functions fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.