Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevin86

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Hi, I just bought a brand new Apple TV and I having having a very difficult time with the power cord believe it or not.

Is there some trick for getting it to stay in the hole? It's not magsafe is it?

I try to push it all the way in but it won't go. When I just rest it in the hole it falls out very easily.

HELP!! What am I doing wrong.

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
Hi, I just bought a brand new Apple TV and I having having a very difficult time with the power cord believe it or not.

Is there some trick for getting it to stay in the hole? It's not magsafe is it?

I try to push it all the way in but it won't go. When I just rest it in the hole it falls out very easily.

HELP!! What am I doing wrong.

The powercord should fit pretty snugly (It takes some effort to get in and out).

If the white portion at the end is not completely hidden when you push it in, its not in far enough. If it IS all the way in and you are having this issue, it would be a hardware problem.

Kevin

kevin86

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
The powercord should fit pretty snugly (It takes some effort to get in and out).

If the white portion at the end is not completely hidden when you push it in, its not in far enough. If it IS all the way in and you are having this issue, it would be a hardware problem.

Kevin
Thanks. I just got it working but the power cord is barely holding on. It's really weird.

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
I would take it into an Apple Store if there is one near you. They would most likely just swap it out.

Kevin

kevin86

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I would take it into an Apple Store if there is one near you. They would most likely just swap it out.

Kevin
Maybe I will bring it by tomorrow. It kind of sucks because I just bought it. I don't feel like going back out. Thanks for the help.

kevin86

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
Kevin, thanks for the advice. I took the AppleTV back today and they did say it is defective. The replaced it with the last 40gb they had in stock.

This time the power cord is very snug, but it fits!!

Also, the person told me "don't forget to install the update when you get home". Guess he's jumping the gun a little bit.

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
Glad they replaced it. I've never seen one with that issue (and I've used a bunch).

Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.