Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
So my friend is using a crappy PC and when he tried to upgrade to iTunes 7.6 and iPhone firmware 1.1.3 it crashed. The iPhone was stuck in recovery mode. No hacks. So I synced his iPhone up with my iMac and it fixed it. They only problem now is that iTunes just gives error messages on his computer and won't open. It just keeps saying iTunes encountered an error has closed, do you want to send to microsoft. So to make a long story short, does anyone know where the backup file for his iPhone is so I can transfer it to my iMac and then sync his iPhone and get all his contacts back. And if you know where it is on his PC, then were do I put it on my mac. I also have an iPhone and the backup worked great, I just need to get his backup off his computer so he can at least have his contacts! Thanks!

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Well I'm sure once I found a few backup files on my Windows in the application settings area.

I think you go to "Documents and settings" and then go to your user and application data and find a folder to do with apple. and in there somewhere should be a backup file.

suren1987

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2008
Hey i know this is a very old topic but in case someone will google this.
like said before its located in
C:\Documents and Settings\"your username"\Application Data
and just from there copy the Apple Computer folder it contains all the backup files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.