Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jman2003

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
When is the MacBook Air in stores?
What day exactly is two weeks that El Jobso said in his keynote.

If anyone knows please tell me (all of you will prob be like, TWO WEEKS FROM TUESDAY!!! BITCH!!) Just asking to make sure

-Jonah

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2007
Well, exactly two weeks is Jan 29th. What Steve said is probably just an estimate though. (Sometime around late Jan/early Feb) Stuff has usually come earlier than expected in the past.

EDIT: Opps, beat me to it.

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Well, exactly two weeks is Jan 29th. What Steve said is probably just an estimate though. (Sometime around late Jan/early Feb) Stuff has usually come earlier than expected in the past.

I agree, my best guess is that week and not just that certain day.

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Well whenever they make it to the Apple Store near me (Easton) let me know because I must see one of these in person!

kamilcanada22

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2007
Macbook air shipping date

I bought my macbook air (stock model) on wedensday the 16th. On my order status, my ship by date is the 7th. Up untill today my status was package not ready to ship. However today it was changed to prepared for shipment. I am assuming that it will be shipped out early this week.

I was wodering if other people have the same prepared for shippment status and is there anyone who has pre-ordered other notebooks from apple and know how long it will take for the notebook to be shipped out after recieving the prepared for shipment status.

dolawren

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
Any news on the optional external DVD burner for the MacBook Air.
Just wondering if the Apple stores will be selling it as a stand alone accessory.

I wouldn't mind buying just the Apple external DVD burner

Dave :)

kamilcanada22

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2007
Just wondering if the Apple stores will be selling it as a stand alone accessory.

Yes, from my understanding you will be able to buy it as a stand alone accessory.

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore

I thought I had heard that it will only work with the MBA, but I'm not 100% sure. I had the same conversation with a friend who only has a combodrive MB. It would be a sweet little upgrade...

Anyone know for sure?

Sannekita

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2007
Belgium
yeah that would be interesting for a combodrive Macbook... i'd think i'd be weird if those things only ran on a MBA...

DJGuy

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2008
Macbook minus

yeah that would be interesting for a combodrive Macbook... i'd think i'd be weird if those things only ran on a MBA...

So how about if you then _remove_ the combodrive, and keep the external drive on your desk. How much weight would you save on the Macbook?

It has always bugged me that the 5 pound Macbook is only 0.4 pounds lighter than the Pro. If removing the optical drive saves you another half pound, it could fill a nice niche at 4.x pounds...like my 12 inch G4.

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Well they can't sell them till after Feb. 6...because that means the pre-orders were pointless...if you can get them the 29, I would have just waited and not order it on Jan 15...that wouldn't be fair!!!

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
yeah, i've been there the past two days (the local apple store) and did not see a demo model....

Deanster

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2005
No MBA demos at the Seattle University Village Apple store as of last night, January 21, 8pm.

ProPedderKustom

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
This is so stupid. I decided to call an Apple store today that is close to me. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: Hi there, when will the MacBook Air be in stock?
Him: 2 weeks.
Me: Well I called a week ago and another person told me 2 weeks, so that leaves a week or so.
Him: Well it will be in stock in 2 weeks.
Me: So everytime I call you guys are going to add 2 weeks onto the time?
Him: Yes

WOW! These guys either can't do subtraction or something is wrongggg. Boo! Bring me my MBA!

CP1091

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
This is so stupid. I decided to call an Apple store today that is close to me. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: Hi there, when will the MacBook Air be in stock?
Him: 2 weeks.
Me: Well I called a week ago and another person told me 2 weeks, so that leaves a week or so.
Him: Well it will be in stock in 2 weeks.
Me: So everytime I call you guys are going to add 2 weeks onto the time?
Him: Yes

WOW! These guys either can't do subtraction or something is wrongggg. Boo! Bring me my MBA!

Haha. Good luck with that one.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Well they can't sell them till after Feb. 6...because that means the pre-orders were pointless...if you can get them the 29, I would have just waited and not order it on Jan 15...that wouldn't be fair!!!

You clearly haven't been ordering Apple products for very many years :rolleyes:
On two different occasions, I've cancelled my online order that was placed on the day of an announcement because the local Apple Store got them in stock before my online order even shipped, much less arrived.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I figured out the real reason they are not in stores yet even though they have shipped to people who ordered online.

SECURITY

Went to the Apple store today and noticed something. All the Macs had a security device pluged into the ETHERNET to keep people from walking off with them. Since the MBA does not have an ETHERNET port they can't put them out!!!! :D

P.S. Yeah I know they could secure it the same way they do iPods and such, but still think it was funny when I noticed that....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.