Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AtrocityExhibit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
NJ
so i updated to the 1.1.3 firmware the day it was made available.. i did this from my girlfriend's computer.. then i came home and my iTunes (still the previous version) detected it fine and such.. so I then updated my iTunes as I read i'd be able to manually manage my songs.. now my iTunes won't recognize that my iPHone is detected.. I uninstalled and restalled it and still nothing.. can anyone please help me?

TeamShralp

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2008
PDX
just fixed it. delete itunes app, restart, and then redownload itunes 7.6, I think the problem lies with updating the iphone to 1.1.3 before 7.6.

Hope this helps.

idlecat

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2008
UK
just fixed it. delete itunes app, restart, and then redownload itunes 7.6, I think the problem lies with updating the iphone to 1.1.3 before 7.6.

Hope this helps.
Same thing happened to me last night, wish I'd seen your post first.
I'm still struggling to connect to the internet.:rolleyes:

AtrocityExhibit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
NJ

Hope this helps.

I've tried uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling but it has not fixed the problem I've tried uninstalling then restarting computer then redowloading and restarting again. I ever opened search and deleted every file that came up with iTunes in the name. Still hasn't fixed problem. Is this what you did that worked or was it somethingelse? How exactly did you delete the iTunes app? If you could help I'd appreciate it a lot

93Cobra2771

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
I have the same intermittant problem after updating itunes as well. I have found that the iphone has to be plugged in via the usb BEFORE launching itunes. It then works MOST of the time, but on occasions I still have to restart. Any time it works though, it has to be attached via the usb BEFORE itunes is started.

dsgalit

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007
I've tried uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling but it has not fixed the problem I've tried uninstalling then restarting computer then redowloading and restarting again. I ever opened search and deleted every file that came up with iTunes in the name. Still hasn't fixed problem. Is this what you did that worked or was it somethingelse? How exactly did you delete the iTunes app? If you could help I'd appreciate it a lot
Try restoring your phone on your computer using the current version of itunes. With itunes off, put your phone in DFU mode or recovery mode then open itunes, if itunes sees your phone is in restore mode then restore it to 1.1.3...Let me know what happens...

AtrocityExhibit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
NJ
Try restoring your phone on your computer using the current version of itunes. With itunes off, put your phone in DFU mode or recovery mode then open itunes, if itunes sees your phone is in restore mode then restore it to 1.1.3...Let me know what happens...

I don't know how to put the phone in DFI mode or recovery like you mentioned. obviously, id rather not have to restore as I'll lose a couple things. Am I maybe not uninstalling it or everything properly? Is there more I need to delete after just uninstalling?

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
DFU Mode

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.

Step 2. Hold Power and Home button, the iPhone should now be boot.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but HOLD the home button.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you in restore mode.

AtrocityExhibit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
NJ

also.. If it matters.. The computer was recognizing my phone fine after I updated to 1.1.3 but before going to iTunes 7.6 and I tried it this weekend on a computer on 7.5 and it detected it fine. So shouldn't I assume the issue is with the computer

AtrocityExhibit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
NJ
try a different usb port.

ok I'll try that, though I'm pretty sure it was detecting my iPod thru that USB port. ALSO, I forgot to mention, because its been a long day, the iTunes also will not detect my girlfriend's iPhone, which was also updated to 1.1.3 by her computer.

AtrocityExhibit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
NJ
try a different usb port.

When I plug the iPhone in i get the following message:
"This iPhone cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again."

Which I have tried to do several times now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.