Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 5, 2007
UK™
Well it happened about 00:45 hrs ........I'm at work, one of the guys here wanted to go outside and make ahem :rolleyes: .... a private phone call to his girl, about 10 minutes later he came running back in, "whats up we asked", well as he was standing out back making his call, One of the local Rent boys (there are a few around here at night, not a nice area) walked past on the other side of the canal at the rear of the building, stopped and waved at my collegue, opened his coat making gestures, my collegue made some comment along the lines of F go K away, at this moment the guy ran towards the steps to a bridge 50 yards up the canal, and my collegue thought he ought to scarper and made his escape to the safety of our office in a secure building on the 3rd floor we work in, all over he thought, untill we checked the camera's and saw this guy walking around our carpark at the rear, which really worried my collegue :p

has anyone else got into such a tight situation before just making a call ?
and what would have happened had he stayed outside ? :eek:

the reason i thought it was worth a mention, he's a macrumors user : spoon man and it did amuse me.

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
yeah it did happen :( you cant say you have live untill you get chased by a rent boy

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
I'm from the US and those are a LOT of expressions that are utterly meaningless to me. I do know that carpark is a parking lot though, but besides that, unfortunately I do not have a complete understanding of the situation, lol.

Spizzo

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Pacific NW
I'm from the US and those are a LOT of expressions that are utterly meaningless to me. I do know that carpark is a parking lot though, but besides that, unfortunately I do not have a complete understanding of the situation, lol.

I'm with you too. Brit's have some weird slang!!! :p

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
Am I right in assuming a "Rent Boy" is a male prostitute?

How about just saying no thank you, does that work without insulting them?

mate i rather tell man ho to f**k than go away and either way he going to kick my back doors in and i like sitting down:(

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 5, 2007
UK™
Am I right in assuming a "Rent Boy" is a male prostitute?

Correct, and just saying no isn't enough round here, it's kinda rough, lots of stabbings and muggins go on, but it was a funny situation, the bottom line is, spoon man nearly got more than a phone conversation :D

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
I'm sorry, it might just be me. I seriously have no idea what you're saying. Something about "rent boys," whatever those are, a chase, a cell phone...I don't quite follow your writing.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I'm with you too. Brit's have some weird slang!!! :p
But they probably think the same of us and some of our slang. I love the difference between what we call a fanny-pack and what it would mean there (happened to one of my Latin teachers on a trip, kind of funny, at least from how he told it).

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 5, 2007
UK™
I'm sorry, it might just be me. I seriously have no idea what you're saying. Something about "rent boys," whatever those are, a chase, a cell phone...I don't quite follow your writing.

sometimes just translating what you saw at the time into words doesn't work, but it was as funny as hell and if you saw it' you'd understand.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 5, 2007
UK™
But they probably think the same of us and some of our slang. I love the difference between what we call a fanny-pack and what it would mean there (happened to one of my Latin teachers on a trip, kind of funny, at least from how he told it).

**LOL** fanny-pack, now i know it doesn't mean the same here as it does there, what the hell is a fanny-pack ???

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
**LOL** fanny-pack, now i know it doesn't mean the same here as it does there, what the hell is a fanny-pack ???
A type of bag that is worn around the waist.
289209_d.jpg

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I try to pay attention to whatever European slang I hear, and I swear I had no idea this story involved prostitution until it was explained to me. :eek:

It's not like prostitutes force themselves on you over there, is it?

And god, nobody better try to force me to wear one of those monstrosities. :eek: ;)

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
And god, nobody better try to force me to wear one of those monstrosities. :eek: ;)

I know. I have always disliked them. I started hating them when I had suspicions that one of my previous teachers just wore them so he wouldn't play with himself.:eek: shudders.

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
lol im not going to here the end of this one why do i have crappy luck lol i dont know getting chased buy crack man ho's :rolleyes:

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
You totally hurt his feelings by running away like that. Next time, if you're not interested in him, take out a pair of scissors and tell him politely.

buy the time i would have got the scissors out he would have had his way with me lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.