Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
I only have Iwork 08 and I need to do a presentation tomorrow. Is there any way I can make my keynote presentation run in powerpoint?

I need to know ASAP

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
I only have Iwork 08 and I need to do a presentation tomorrow. Is there any way I can make my keynote presentation run in powerpoint?

I need to know ASAP

You can open .ppt files in Keynote but not Keynote files in Powerpoint.

And from what I can see, you can't save a Keynote presentation as a ppt file.

So I think you're out of luck.

carrotsandsmart

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2008
You can open .ppt files in Keynote but not Keynote files in Powerpoint.

And from what I can see, you can't save a Keynote presentation as a ppt file.

So I think you're out of luck.

It's quite easy - open the presentation in Keynote, click on file, and down the list you will see "EXPORT". Click on that, it will give you an option, choose from .ppt from the list and presto, the Keynote file will appear in your documents file with 2 files, one will be Keynote and one will be .ppt.

While you are at it, why don't you click on "send to" from the file menu, so you can send the presentation to your email account with 1 click.

CashGap

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
Music City, USA
Lately, I've been exporting from Keynote to Quicktime.

No surprises that way, and less feature degradation than exporting to PowerPoint.

Though it is a fine line.

zigmund555

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2006
I recommend if your slides are static to export to .pdf.

Even with the export powerpoint finds a way to mess up the way everything looks.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
I recommend if your slides are static to export to .pdf.

Even with the export powerpoint finds a way to mess up the way everything looks.

Yeah when I did my presentation it messed up my layout but I had to use powerpoint as I had movie clips imbedded to the keynote

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
While PP will play Keynote presentations, it can't do all the transitions etc. that Keynote can. It will then downgrade them to something it can do so your presentation may end up looking more basic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.