Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhonePhan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Apple FanBoy Land
It's 10:50 PM EST and the Apple Store on 5th Ave now has the Thinnovation MacBook Air display up and the MacBook Air's are going on display in the next hour or so. Anyone around Midtown Manhattan come on by, I'm the dude in the LV Brown Jacket on the iMac.

I might just get one tonight... if anything to play with it and return it the next day! :p

2233412213_09ec83eaf5.jpg

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
displays are up and demo units offical

but did they say they will be selling the units??

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
Oh, man, that's almost enough to make me drive up to NY. It's only 4 hours.

I swear if I didn't have an important meeting tomorrow. My nice car is way under mileage (in terms of making best use of the warranty), and it would be a nice relaxing drive. And I have a bunch of new music to listen to.

Must... resist... urge.... to buy MBA at 4am!

Tell us if they have any SSD's available.

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
i have a dentist appt at 9am 2 blocks from there tomorrow morning. gonna totally cheer myself up

iPhonePhan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Apple FanBoy Land
the Genius bar dude said there were going to be 50 available for sale tonight then more on Saturday. He said 5-10 were already going to VIP clients that are getting it picked up tonight. That leaves 40 more. Any buyers? I think I'm just gonna get it because it'd be nice to have on my business trips :p

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Do they actually have to sell???????

tokensonly

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2008
the Genius bar dude said there were going to be 50 available for sale tonight then more on Saturday. He said 5-10 were already going to VIP clients that are getting it picked up tonight. That leaves 40 more. Any buyers? I think I'm just gonna get it because it'd be nice to have on my business trips :p

Sigh... don't tell me that, I'll have to come by tonight. Have you seen or heard anything about Time Capsule units there too?

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Not fair!!!

Mine hasn't even been shipped yet and I ordered it the 15th!!!! Worst part I live only 2 blocks for the 5th ave store!!!! This is bull!!!:mad:

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Ask them if this is a NY only thing or will units be sold at other stores when they open Friday?

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
Mine hasn't even been shipped yet and I ordered it the 15th!!!! Worst part I live only 2 blocks for the 5th ave store!!!! This is bull!!!:mad:

2 blocks! Why don't you just cancel your order now and go over there?

If there are any available here in DC after my meeting tomorrow, that's what I'm going to do.

island

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2007
Nashville

You sure they will be on sale tonight? If so I'll take the ride down from CT (45 minutes) right now! I called but they said not for a day or 2 so let me know and I'll see you there!

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006

thats awesome! congrats to all the ppl that can buy it
i have to wait till Monday or Tuesday for mine

iPhonePhan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Apple FanBoy Land

Do the actually have to sell???????

yes, according to the Genius Bar dude with the mop hair. He said if younask you can get it before the normal sale date of Satirdsy but only 50 are available tonight. He did say that when they sell out they're just gonna tell people to come back on Saturday.

Btw, I'm on my iPhone ;)

I'll be giving the live play by play of tonight "Snipe MBA Sale"

Stay tuned! :p

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006

if it's still under "not yet shipped" status
you can still cancel!
go buy one over at the 5th!

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.

So if you go to a store tomorrow am and they have one, the guy in NY is saying you have to ask, but if in stock they can sell them?

I live in Austin. Wonder if Austin Domain will have them in the morning?

Wonder if NY guy knows inventory?

We really need realtime chat!! On my iPhone also...

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
yes, according to the Genius Bar dude with the mop hair. He said if younask you can get it before the normal sale date of Satirdsy but only 50 are available tonight. He did say that when they sell out they're just gonna tell people to come back on Saturday.

Btw, I'm on my iPhone ;)

I'll be giving the live play by play of tonight "Snipe MBA Sale"

Stay tuned! :p

So they can't sell or display them until after 12am, being officially Friday? It seems kinda' ridiculous that he says I've got 40 for sale but sit here for the bewitching hour.

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
thats normal thought
it's like when new ps3 came out or xbox they ahve them all in stock but you have to wait till midnight to get in and buy one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.