Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

growinglogic

macrumors regular
May 11, 2007
Chicago, IL
Here's my tracking details. When do you think I will get it?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 107

panamaria1024

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
Michigan
I just woke up this morning and my mba has been shipped. it says 12:18 PM Left origin Shanghai CN. I don't have an estimated delivery date. When does that show??

atlbuc

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
Atlanta
There are 3 MBA's on display here at the Apple store in Lenox Mall Atlanta. They had 3 base models come in early but I'm waiting for the SSD. They have not received there freight shipment yet which should arrive around 2pm I was told. I expect more to be on that shipment.

panamaria1024

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
Michigan
I am getting to anxious!!! I went to the apple :apple: store yesterday to buy the airport extreme and the sales guy said they had a macbook air in the back and showed it to me!!! I feel in love, its amazing, the screen is amazing and so it how sturdy it feels.

I am going crazy!!! :eek:

jameskohn

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Connecticut
I wish someone who's already received theirs would talk a little about it: discovered any performance limitations or anything else unexpected??

I'm personally dying to see if you can plug a USB SDHC card into it and download AVCHD video reasonably well.

panamaria1024

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
Michigan
I wish someone who's already received theirs would talk a little about it: discovered any performance limitations or anything else unexpected??

I'm personally dying to see if you can plug a USB SDHC card into it and download AVCHD video reasonably well.

ME too! I want to know how fast is it!

cliffardo2001

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2003
The wow-effect. :eek:

No kidding. I got it while I was at work. I asked the guy in charge of shipping if a package came in because I was waiting for a computer. He said, "Yeah, something came in, but nothing big enough to be a computer." I said, "It's probably mine." Sure enough, there it was in a package much smaller that I imagine. I opened it up and the box seemed like the width of a couple of chocolate boxes. And when I pulled it out, me and one of my co-workers were both surprised. I knew it was going to be thin and light, but, as Walt Mossberg said, there are not really any words to appropriately describe the machine.

instant hit

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2008
just checked up on my shipment

it looks like "left origin" doesn't mean it left china yet guys!
prob just means that it left apple factory

im on "in transit" now which is a day later...

whats also interesting is my estimated for apple is feb 5th and now in fedex site it says feb 6th i hope this is padded

oh and the superdrive looks like it's coming from the US
wierd.. i guess they shipped a huge amount of them to the US already

aiongiant, looks like our mba's are on the same pallet? i have a timestamp of 9:55PM china local for in transit status.

zoolaine

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2008
No kidding. I got it while I was at work. I asked the guy in charge of shipping if a package came in because I was waiting for a computer. He said, "Yeah, something came in, but nothing big enough to be a computer." I said, "It's probably mine." Sure enough, there it was in a package much smaller that I imagine. I opened it up and the box seemed like the width of a couple of chocolate boxes. And when I pulled it out, me and one of my co-workers were both surprised. I knew it was going to be thin and light, but, as Walt Mossberg said, there are not really any words to appropriately describe the machine.

Thats awesome. This is my first Mac. They have been giving me a hard time at work saying it won't work on the system, etc. I really hope it is as cool as everyone says it is and I don't have any problems with it. Then I can rub it in the face :p Mine has "left origin"

splob64

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
Mine is on there too. My guess is Tuesday or Wednesday, but I am still hoping for Monday. :)

Mine has the same "Left origin" timestamp as well. I'm guessing (based on the tracking info from everyone else) they will leave China tonight, then Monday they will leave Alaska, and we should get them on Tuesday.

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
I've been lurking all week and finally decided to register.

Here's my order/shipping info, probably looking at a Monday delivery to SoCal:

Order Date: Jan 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM PST
MACBOOK AIR 13 CTO
1.80GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/2GB
80GB Parallel ATA Drive @ 4200

Feb 1, 2008
9:56 PM In transit SHANGHAI CN

Jan 31, 2008
5:04 PM Left origin SHANGHAI CN
4:53 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
3:49 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx

JCT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Tucson, AZ
It certainly would be nice with all the "I've got mine's!" for some kind soul to post pictures and/or a detailed or even general review of the Air. There have been quite a few delivered since yesterday with very little feedback thrown to those relegated to vicarious experiences... Please, for cybergypsy's sake?

They're probably too busy setting them up and playing with them :rolleyes: -- but I'm with you, would love to hear some more first-hand reports.

JT

bitty417

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
No photos unfortunately -- I'm sure you've seen enough by now!

First impressions:

1) The machine is definitely quick (base model). I've never experienced a significant lag, or anything bouncing on the dock more than twice.
3) As everyone else has mentioned the screen is beautiful!
2) My AT&T USB Air card works perfectly. Sits in the USB slot when the MBA is on a desk without a problem.
3) Quality and build is impeccable.

Other than that -- nothing. No complaints, no gripes. I'm in love. :D

Anyone have any questions?

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Re: MBA Bags

In regards to bags, I've been a big fan of SpireUSA.

I purchased a vertical bag back in 1999(?) for my then new PowerBook G3 Pismo. I've been using the same bag with different Macs (currently a MB Pro 15") for the past seven or so years and it's still in great shape.

But I realized the MBA (for me) is all about weight and my bag probably weighs more than the MBA, so I decided it is time for a new bag. But I wanted one that is small, light and easy to lug around.

DV8_GRY_240.jpg

I looked at many manufactures, but decided to stick with Spire. I purchased the Spire 13" Dart. It weighs about a pound and looks like it'll fit the bill. It should be here on the same day as my MBA. I couldn't have planned it any better.

They have a cool 360 view that really shows how thin this bag is and also has compartments for some docs, adapters, etc. Check it out.

https://www.spireusa.com/products/DV8.htm

PS, no I don't work for them. I'm just pretty jazzed about not having to lug 10lbs worth of stuff everyday.:D

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Here's my tracking details. When do you think I will get it?

yours is still in china till tomorow
theres a day lag on it for some reason
you'll get a estimated delivery date once your actually on a plane and flys towards alaska

i'm thinking prob wed

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Really--- early reports were that there were none for sale, just looking and touching...

JT

theres another thread about it right now
some ppl was able to pick one up at some stores but very very limited availability

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.