Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strom1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
NY
I was checking my email and went to exit and then got the spinning rainbow icon and it would not go away even when i was going to the apple icon,finally it allowed me to force shut down, anything i should know?

macuserx86

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2006
If the problem occurs all the time, you might look into it, but really that kind of thing will happen from time to time.
When it happens again (because it will, trust me ;)) just be patient and wait. If it goes beyond 20-30 seconds try and force quit (command-option-esc)

That said, what are your system specs? If you are running leopard with 1GB or less of RAM, then that could be the major issue (leopard needs 512mb just to run)

Hope that helped!

Strom1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
NY
If the problem occurs all the time, you might look into it, but really that kind of thing will happen from time to time.
When it happens again (because it will, trust me ;)) just be patient and wait. If it goes beyond 20-30 seconds try and force quit (command-option-esc)

That said, what are your system specs? If you are running leopard with 1GB or less of RAM, then that could be the major issue (leopard needs 512mb just to run)

Hope that helped!
Thanks for the response,my specs are 20'2.4ghz, 1gb i have had the computer for two days and using it non stop,this is the first time this happened.

macuserx86

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2006
Thanks for the response,my specs are 20'2.4ghz, 1gb i have had the computer for two days and using it non stop,this is the first time this happened.

Upgrading to 2GB of RAM will definitely help, but like dpaanlka said, even the most powerful computers can occasionally freak out.

smogsy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2008
leopard does this alot im on 2.2ghz macbook with 4gb ram 120gb and i get a few times a day

few people suggested when they upgraded to leopard it has more frequently so hopefully it be fixed in 10.5.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.