Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AirborneAngel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
On my MacBook (running Leopard) Safari 3.0.4 will not go fullscreen, instead it leaves a small gap between the bottom of Safari and the bottom of my screen, anyone else having this problem?

bjett92

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Indy, IN
Safari will never go full screen by clicking the green zoom button. It will resize to fit the page.

EDIT: Sorry didn't understand your problem. So you say there is a small space between the dock and the bottom of the safari window? Maybe a screenshot would be the most helpful.

AirborneAngel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Here's a SS, sorry about the size.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    717.9 KB · Views: 4,759

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
if you were talking about real fullscreen mode. I haven't see that in any mac browsers.

coolbits

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2006
You get fullscreen with saft plugin for safari... and i mean real fulscreen without menubar (autohide) and no dock :)
You could try that. :)

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
If the Dock is on the bottom but hidden, Safari will not touch the bottom of the screen. It's something that has bug me since forever. However, right now I have the Dock hidden on the left of the screen and Safari will reach the bottom.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
If the Dock is on the bottom but hidden, Safari will not touch the bottom of the screen. It's something that has bug me since forever. However, right now I have the Dock hidden on the left of the screen and Safari will reach the bottom.

Thanks for the tip!

1. set dock to left side
2. resize Safari all the way to the bottom (reclaim those 5 rows of pixels!)
3. set dock to bottom again

chaveezy

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2008
take a look at this site, pretty much all you have to do is drag and drop the link to your bookmarks. You can manually load in your screen resolution as well using the other links. SAFT is pretty good, but it does cost.

Good luck :)

http://www.jydesign.com/safari/

creog

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
Canberra ACT
Opera 9.6

Hi all,
If you want a real FULL SCREEN browsing experience, try Opera.
ALT-F11 will make it so. No Menus or Toolbars etc
Enjoy!
cheers
Creog

Word Warrior

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2007
Bromsgrove, Worcestershire UK
Opera does this in the view pull down. I don't use opera as a rule because it's too finiky with some sites but for the purpose I want it's perfect without adding a plug in.

This is what I intend to use it for http://www.bromsgroverfc.co.uk/scoreboard/scoreboard2.html It ain't perfect but it does a job.

Once we can afford a large format screen I can hook it up to my powerbook using opera, click 'full screen' then with command - or command + adjust text to the resolution of the screen after filling in the team names.
Use 'tab' to move to the score windows to change scores tab or tab+shift to move between the clock start and stop buttons. You can work out the rest.

If you need to change the time period on the clock there is a tiny window at the bottom of the browser where you can change it.

Best of all, if you want a copy of the scoreboard it's free if you click view source, copy and paste. Adjust it to suit your needs. Just remember where you got it from and let me know what you think.
Glim doesn't quite do it now that I've tried it, you still see some of the browser. For my purposes I want only yo see the content of the web page in the instance mentioned above.
Dlim seems a bit buggy too. Now how do I get rid of it?

Hope that helps.
Andy

lawrencegw

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2010
Solution?

I know this post is fairly old now but I've just had the same problem and come up with the same question.....I've managed to make my Safari full screen by moving the dock to the left of the screen which the let me drag the safari window to fill the extra space and then I moved the dock back to the bottom of the screen.

Seems to have worked so far anyway although I haven't restarted the Mac yet so maybe it'll go back to the way it was?!?

Striker-UMB

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
Toronto
I know this post is fairly old now but I've just had the same problem and come up with the same question.....I've managed to make my Safari full screen by moving the dock to the left of the screen which the let me drag the safari window to fill the extra space and then I moved the dock back to the bottom of the screen.

Seems to have worked so far anyway although I haven't restarted the Mac yet so maybe it'll go back to the way it was?!?

As soon as you close the window, the next time you open it that space will be back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.