Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
I find myself using those silly, ubiquitous, vector/eps swirls, flowers, leaves, trees, etc in alot of my work lately.

Searching for ones I need, can be a real pain, especially when its something specific and with a deadline.

Im not a big fan of stock photo places...membership, download fees...

Im more of a child of clipart days when you had book of everything contained on a bazillion CDs. Page 765, Disc 33.

Today, im sure its DVD, but again, how does one go about finding a good library?

Any suggestions on such things? :cool:

Z.Beeblebrox

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2007
NJ / NYC
I know you hate stock websites, but iStock is super cheap and doesn't require membership. You can get vectors for $1 and that's more a payoff for me instead of buying a big book and only using three images from it.

Stratification

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2005
Spokane, WA
I'm going to second the GoMedia Arsenal suggestion. Great sets, very reasonably priced. I've used several of their sets in my own work, the vectors are extremely clean too.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
I'm going to second the GoMedia Arsenal suggestion. Great sets, very reasonably priced. I've used several of their sets in my own work, the vectors are extremely clean too.

i'm liking the freebies section at GoMedia Arsenal :)
:p

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Well, the point was to save time.

Making swirls and the whatnots for every project would take 10x as long as a project with a library. :cool:

Krebstar

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
I'm really still quite a novice when it comes to design, I'm currently in my second year in college.

What are the thoughts on using pre-made and free vectors line the ones in the links above? Is it something thats frowned upon in the industry?

bikes

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2010
Everywhere
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; U; en) Presto/2.7.62 Version/11.00)

Yet another big one: http://www.freevector.com , no membership mess either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.