Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I'm looking for a free image editor that will do some of the most basic photoshop tasks for OS X Leopard, like crop, brighten/lighten, rotate, and maybe a paintbrush of some sort. I would use it so occasionally, that it's not worth it for me to buy anything serious, or I would (unless someone wants to recommend some $5-$10 app). Are there any thoughts on what's the best free image editing app out there?

Retired
May 16, 2006
GIMPshop may just be your best option, however clunky.

If you want to spend more, look at Pixelmator :)

mactastic1971

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
Bay Area, CA
I'm looking for a free image editor that will do some of the most basic photoshop tasks for OS X Leopard, like crop, brighten/lighten, rotate, and maybe a paintbrush of some sort. I would use it so occasionally, that it's not worth it for me to buy anything serious, or I would (unless someone wants to recommend some $5-$10 app). Are there any thoughts on what's the best free image editing app out there?

Go online and use flickr dude!

Retired
May 16, 2006
Remember that Preview can crop and rotate images, and also change the brightness/saturation/etc of pictures

iPhoto goes a bit further :)

Beric

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
Remember that Preview can crop and rotate images, and also change the brightness/saturation/etc of pictures

iPhoto goes a bit further :)

Right, but if I want to take off, say the square edge of some circular logo, I have no choice. That's why preview doesn't work for me. Neither Preview nor iPhoto have a simple paintbrush, which is all I really need beyond those apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.