Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imlucid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Are the episodes within the seasons sorted ascending by the episode number? As opposed to reverse by date

Seasons and Episodes are sorted with newest at the top.

Entering the menu will default the selection to the oldest new episode.

If there is more than one season, you'll get a divider in the list with the season number:

----- Season 2 -------
Episode 5
Episode 4
Episode 3
Episode 2
Episode 1
----- Season 1 ------
Episode 24
Episode 23

etc.

Kevin

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006

fivepoint

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
IOWA
With the original Front Row, if you had the season number set up in the metadata, you could go into a show, then it would give you a list of seasons, then go into a season and it'd list the episodes.

But then they changed it? Why?
Is this the same on Apple TV as well?

Klownhed

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
Azores, Portugal
the download and install took about 15-20 mins over wireless N. The new interface and minicoverflow of movies and whatnot is freakin SWEET!. 1080P, OMFG. this is what :apple:tv should have been in the first place, but I guess it's just good to finally have these capabilities. Happy I am.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I know this release is mainly about video, but are there any changes on the audio side? I have been waiting forever for a search facility or better sorting facility that would make it easier to find my music. I also want something like the on-the-go playlist from the iPod.

fivepoint

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
IOWA

If there is more than one season, you'll get a divider in the list with the season number:

----- Season 2 -------
Episode 5
Episode 4
Episode 3
Episode 2
Episode 1
----- Season 1 ------
Episode 24
Episode 23

etc.

Kevin

Very nice! :) Hopefully front row gets an update to organize this way as well.

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2007
Kevin/imlucid:

It appears from your signature URL you were involved with AppleTV at the start... Were you also involved with Take 2, or can you not say? :rolleyes:

I'm just curious if all the feedback, complaining and so on around these boards has been making its way back to Apple vis-a-vis you...

:D

asdavis10

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Bermuda
Apple may like to make its customers wait a little but when they make releases, they come in flurries. 10.5.2, Aperture, and Apple TV Take 2! I guess this means all the people waiting for the new MBP's are gonna look at this as a sign.

riversky

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Now all they need to do is update the Express to 11n so it doesn't slow down your network just to use the feature.

Really! It is not 802.11n?? Aiport Extreme has been that for a year I think. I was thinking of buying one. There must be a downloadable update. I wonder what the issue is if not!

fivepoint

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
IOWA
The Apple TV can now be used with AirTunes!

Look in settings -> audio!

Can you send audio to any Airport Express in the house then? Does it have to be music, or can any audio (movies, TV shows, DVDs, etc.) be sent over Airtunes as well?

wmealer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2006
I think you could be mistaken. 720p max resolution I do believe.

I think what everyone means here is that it supports 1080p televisions. I haven't downloaded yet, but I'm guessing the user interface displays in 1080p, but I'm pretty sure the max movie specs are still 720p. Time will tell.

skeep5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2006
AZ
On another topic, what LCD hi-def TV would anyone here, recommend to go with an appleTV?

fivepoint

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
IOWA
Really! It is not 802.11n?? Aiport Extreme has been that for a year I think. I was thinking of buying one. There must be a downloadable update. I wonder what the issue is if not!

No, it's not. The reason is most likely because of expsense. they will update the Express to 'N' soon enough... and when they do, I will buy two of them.

imlucid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Kevin/imlucid:

It appears from your signature URL you were involved with AppleTV at the start... Were you also involved with Take 2, or can you not say? :rolleyes:

I'm just curious if all the feedback, complaining and so on around these boards has been making its way back to Apple vis-a-vis you...

:D

Yes and Yes.

Kevin

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Typical last minute Apple... but congrats on getting it out on the deadline.. err.. second deadline. :D

whatever.

Awesome! Can't wait....

Now, let the complaining begin......

already has. see above and threads for past 3 weeks.

Hooray! I was going pick up my :apple:TV on my way home from work today. So now I get the new software right away!

any store stock won't have update on it, will still have to update when you set up.

Can you sort movies by genre?!? :D

Awww come on! no browsing by movie genre?!?! this is ridiculous! anybody try out the new 5.1 stuff yet???

Don't know about 5.1. At work and have yet to download it, but it appears from everything that I have seen that the genre browsing is only for store searching, not for synced or streaming from a library, which is kind of lame for the Handbrakers or even though who have purchased enough from iTS that genre breakdown would help.

Hopefully a minor update will fix this in the near future. My advice, send Apple feedback requesting it.

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2007
On another topic, what LCD hi-def TV would anyone here, recommend to go with an appleTV?

I don't recommend LCD at all. I'm a Trinitron CRT guy myself (absolutely nothing beats them on color, clarity and contrast) but seeing as how Sony discontinued WEGA HDTV CRT's, I would strongly suggest you look at the Sony SXRD series... particularly the XBR SXRD if you have the dough.

The SXRD is a Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS) projection set. It is not a flat panel, but a projection TV like DLP. However, unlike DLP, it uses an array of liquid crystals instead of micromirrors to directly generate the projection image. This allows supporting resolutions well above 1080p so that the image at 1080p is itself quite stunning.

I still find the 70" SXRD XBR inferior to the now-discontinued Trinitron WEGA HD, but it is the damned closest I have ever seen. And judging from how vastly better my Trinitron image of even upscaled SD appears off AppleTV, you would be very likely not to set foot in a movie theater ever again.*

*(I'm saying this as a guy who used to watch 100 movies a year on average, about 250 movies in 2005, in the theater)

JW008

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005

----- Season 2 -------
Episode 5
Episode 4
Episode 3
Episode 2
Episode 1
----- Season 1 ------
Episode 24
Episode 23

etc.

Kevin

Default selection to the oldest 'new' episode? What happens when there isn't a new episode? Does it default to the newest 'old' episode or the oldest 'old' episode?

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Uh, hey Hannah, how about keeping your hand in front of the Rat movie screen.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    314.2 KB · Views: 513

beaken

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2008
Has anyone tried watching a movie rented in itunes on the apple tv yet? Does it show up in itunes as a rental under the apple tv to be synced?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.