Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
For those of you who downloaded the DMG did any of you find the intro video in there. I just want to have the video and I did some searching and didnt find it. If you need there is a link to the DMG in the "Take 2 Released" thread.

Please post the drill down if you find it.

Kevin :apple:

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
I tried the same thing. Haha ... I want it in its full quality to before someone converts it and yourtubes it.

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
UK
I don't have an Apple TV, and I've watched the YouTube video and I just wanted to see it big in a decent quality.

I've checked there though. :)

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
I don't have an Apple TV, and I've watched the YouTube video and I just wanted to see it big in a decent quality.

I've checked there though. :)

That is right off the AppleTV. I can't help it that Youtube butchered it. FWIW it was all pixelated playing right off my iMac too.

JasonKerner

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
Welcome Video Dolby?

Are you sure this welcome video plays as a Dolby Digital track? Looking at the properties in Quicktime, it only shows as a 2-channel AAC soundtrack? Unless Quicktime Pro doesn't show Private Streams....

Any ideas

Jason

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I'm uploading it to my web server for you now, nice slow work interwebz, so it'll be a couple.

Do you happen to have the original apple movie you could post for us?

I don't want the original one in full quality to never be seen again.

Does anyone have it???

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Are you sure this welcome video plays as a Dolby Digital track? Looking at the properties in Quicktime, it only shows as a 2-channel AAC soundtrack? Unless Quicktime Pro doesn't show Private Streams....

Any ideas

Jason
Make sure you have perian 1.1 installed. two tracks, one called "Stereo" which is a stereo aac track and one called "Surround" which is the surround channels in an AC3 track. You need to go to Window -> movie properties in QT Pro and you will see the two tracks. Notice in qt the "Surround" track is not enabled. So the atv must observe it even though qt reports it as disabled.

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
Anyone try to convert it to MP4 yet? I had the original and used Visual Hub to convert it at High Quality and no problem and I watch it on my iMac, the AppleTV and my iPhone and it looks fine. Everytime I convert this new video with the same settings I get real shotty quality. Lot of artifacts and stuttering. Anyone else get the same thing?

*EDIT* ok I could edit this here first and hope no one read it but Ill leave myself out there. I did not realize at first it is already .m4v . The last one was a .Mov. Ok so still a porblem. WHenever I pull that video out is a bit shotty still. ANyone seeing the same thing?

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
Re:

Thanks for the guy that put this online - and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that wanted this video in full-res. I love playing back the original one on my Mac mini and HDTV in my bedroom. I'm looking forward to watching this one when I get home :D

pac :D:D:D

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I really want the original video. Does anyone have it? I found it to be even more exciting. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.