Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Check 6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
I bought my wife an iphone last week and she and the comment several days ago that the icons on the desktop were jiggling well actually they were all bouncing but staying in basically they same position relative to one another. I thought that might be a alert to something but I cannot find it anywhere in the book I bought for her. Someone far smarter than I hopefully has the answer. Thanks

chadrob30

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
In front of my Mac.
I bought my wife an iphone last week and she and the comment several days ago that the icons on the desktop were jiggling well actually they were all bouncing but staying in basically they same position relative to one another. I thought that might be a alert to something but I cannot find it anywhere in the book I bought for her. Someone far smarter than I hopefully has the answer. Thanks

That means it is in custom mode, where you can move the icons around and pu t them on different pages, etc. Hit the Home button to stop it. To drag the icons around, hold one of them down until it jiggles, then drag it where you want it.

JCastro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
It was new with the 1.1.3 update so it won't be in the book that came with the iPhone. No need to be worried!;)

Go here to see more on the updates.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Don't worry, be happy...

as stated earlier, during the "jiggling" you can move your icons around from page to page, or just change the order on your home screen. By adding web apps or icons, then you can move them from page to page. There are other threads regarding adding web apps/icons, as a matter of fact, if you go to MacRumors at the top page and press the MWSF tab, you'll see FOUR of my Home Screen Pages! Have fun... :cool:

Check 6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Thanks fr the answer. My wife was not thrilled when I bought it for her (she had been using a Razor phone) but in the short week she has had it that has changed. It syncs with her Macbook pro so easily...... I will probably give up my Blackberry and get one too. Thanks again for the postings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.