Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
When I press the power button, the sleep indicator light comes on and NOTHING ELSE happens. What should I do?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
don_t_panic_button.jpg

:eek:

If you have tried the pram reset and smu reset, all I can suggest is you get onto Apple.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I NEED THIS FILE

IM GOING TO PANIC
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I dont blame you really.... but like I say is it just utterly completely dead then? Is there no start up chime ?

Try PRam reset. Hold down alt/option and command/apple + P + R and press powerbutton. Keep hold until it beeps and then reboots again.

Unfortunetly your a regular so chances are you already know this procedure and have already tried it :eek:

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
are you sure the brightness is on?

press F2 a couple times =)

try the resets first before calling or going apple store..

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Nothing is working, I'm going to have to take it back. gosh i need this file.

iDeath is a good option for me atm.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
been on the phone with apple for 15 minutes... "Have you tried resetting the PRAM?"
:mad:..................

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
Man, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. I really wish you well in recovering the goods. Please keep us informed, this is important news to those owning an Air. This pales in comparison to battery charging time issues....

Richardismac

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
yah, keep is updated on this, i am looking at buying a MBA and want to know about known issues before looking farther into it

thanks

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
have to send it in to apple so they can "capture" it
wait 7-10 days for a replacement (local apple store is sold out)

I'm not a happy camper

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
thinking more along the lines of BBB.ORG
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

People contact the BBB when their computers fail to work and the manufacturer had no opportunity to repair? :confused:
Good luck getting it fixed. It sounds like Apple is willing to look into the issue for you.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
I'm sorry to say but this is exactly why I use two computers in parallel for about a month to make sure that 98%+ of my stuff is always synced new with old. The RSS of the gen. 1 MB's screwed me bigtime.

Have you tried starting it as much as it will until sleep light is on and then letting it go until sleep light shuts off, putting it on charger and starting from there? Maybe it's related to the charging/battery health/power manag. unit anomaly in a more severe state.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.