Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SBSBITA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
Hi,

My girlfriend has a MAC and just got an IRiver T30. When she plugged it in she noticed that it does not appear in the menu. From what I have read they are not compatible. Is there a work-around for this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

SBSBITA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
So there's no work-around? I feel like some creative person out there has to have developed some type of solution...

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
SBSBITA said:
Hi,

My girlfriend has a MAC and just got an IRiver T30. When she plugged it in she noticed that it does not appear in the menu. From what I have read they are not compatible. Is there a work-around for this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Its not MAC, its Mac. And, ever heard of an iPod? Chances are its not compatible, but you may be able to mount it somehow. Check to see if the IRiver actually works, plug it into a Wintel Box or other Mac.

jazzlover

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2005
What's BLASPHEME about something different than Ipod. There are better players out there. Ipod Nazi's die.:mad:

alexj514

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Solution for me

I have an iriver clix...i'm not sure if this'll work for your thing. google "XJNB" and that program worked for me!

alexj514

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
right, yes...just figured it would help future generations since i couldn't find anything related on any other boards, yo

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2005
California
Wait what is the issue here? Iriver products can be used in UMS mode if you want so you can just drag and drop your music to it directly

This is one of the few DAP's that still use actual AA/AAA batteries. Ooops did not realize this thread was old.

BaronvdB

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
and iRiver with a mac?!?! BLASPHEME!!!!

HAHAHA, but really, good luck...

nice...i have an ipod and an iriver...if apple would integrate an fm tuner in the ipod I wouldn't need both...i would think that there are a lot of people like me who like to listen to music at the gym while lifting weights and also be able to tune into the TV's while using the treadmill...can't do that with the ipod.

SoHTyTe

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2016
Seattle, Wa
Solution for me

I have an iriver clix...i'm not sure if this'll work for your thing. google "XJNB" and that program worked for me!

This has Saved Me!!!! I was able to pull Old Mixes off an iRiver T30. Windows 7/ win media player 12 couldn't even read the files. I D/L the XJNB, connected the iRiver, it found the files and BOOM, FILE > Copy to Computer (Mac Book 10.10.4 Yosemite).

So this thread is relevant in 2016! Thank you all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.