Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reason5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I need some help to see if there is any way to recover an unsaved open office document. I had some critical information that I lost. I got side tracked and closed the application without saving my latest work. Anything I can do to get it back?

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
In some cases there may be ways to recover a deleted saved file, but to recover a file that never even existed...

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
Even if you've never saved the file, some of the Office apps write temp files that would serve as a good starting place for recovery. They're invisible by default and I don't remember where they live under OSX, but you might be able to find one of those somehow. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I just remember from days past in OS9 when Word would choke and die that it left undeleted Word temp files scattered about my desktop adn they were frequently useful for recovering unsaved content..

reason5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
When I re opened the document it reverted to the pre saved document with none of my changes added. It sucks bad.

besttricker

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2008
Hi,

If i was saved on some point then you can recover it with stellar phoenix windows data recovery. But it'll recover previous document which was last saved.

pawn3d

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
mac people don't know about data recovery dude.
there's scientific studies that prove this, im not just blowing steam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.