Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

copasetic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Hi, I started the upgrade today and all was fine until it asked for the resolution and I chose 1081 HD resolution because I have an HD tv, but now the screen is blue and nothing happens when I use the remote. Any suggestions? TIA
C.

tothelimit

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
South Florida
when you switch the resolution on the ATV it brings up a dialogue along the lines of "if you can read this - your TV can accept this resolution - hit ok" and if you don't click ok, it reverts back to the previous resolution after a short period.

tothelimit

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
South Florida
it shows the resolution you are trying to switch to and then says " ___ seconds until the display resolution change is cancelled. If you can see the Apple logo click OK"

sorry about the picture... the room is dark. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 73

toddngina

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
Looking through the online manual a couple of days ago, I could have sworn I read something that gave a key combination on the remote you can use if you can't see the screen that will allow you to cycle through the various resolultions until you see something. Sounded like it was for a situation just like yours. Just a thought, I don't even own the thing yet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.