Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddzczc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to mac and i'm seeking some help.

First off, I installed a newer version of Entourage b/c the current 10.2.X version didn't support exchange.

I just installed the new app under applications and all is working. I still have the older version, will I do any harm by leaving it there or can I just uninstall it (w.o removing word, excel) etc.

My main question now is the migration.

I need to copy over the mail, contacts, calendar, etc from thunderbird to entourage.

Thunderbird doesen't have a feature to "export"

I read on the modzilla site that I can just import everything from the current profile to the new mail client (entourage)

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq#export

It states that I must import the standard plain text file which is in a "mbox" format.

So I clicked on import, plain text (mbox) and searched threw my profile and I found the mbox files that I need to import. The problem is, when I select the file/folder, the "import" button is greyed out. It doesen't allow me to import any files at all with the mbox format. I have no idea what to do at this point...

Anyone have any suggestions..?

Thanks

ProfCyclist

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
Same problem

I am having the same problem and can't seem to get the Entourage 2008 importer to recognize the .mbox files. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.