Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chocolate632

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Hey guys. My dad is thinking about buying a Macintosh. He needs a notebook but he doesn't want the white/black macbook. He likes the macbook pro, but its too expensive and he thinks the MBA doesn't have good enough specs for him(and is too expensive). I was thinking about getting a powerbook for him off of ebay for around $500-1000. Do you think its worth it? How long will it last if he buys it?

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Well I'll tell you one thing, if he or you think the G4s overpower the Macbook airs, think again. But if you were relating price to performance, than you have a point that the macbook air isn't such a deal.

I would maybe go for a macbook pro off ebay, an older generation possibly, that can cost alot less than the current ones from apple directly.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Meh, if he wants a G4 Powerbook let him get one. A nice 1.67GHz one with 1GB of RAM or so should set you back $800ish if you're lucky. And, to this Dad, welcome to the Mac world. :)

chocolate632

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
He just told me now that he is probably going to wait until he can afford it and go with a macbook pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.