Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookProSF

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
so I see that Im able to get BBC shows, is this only for the people in the UK? Or can I get my UK content and have a us Apple tv.

2nd question after I download a podcasts on the new apple tv2 do I then have to go to my computer to delete it when I'm done to manage my space?

MikieMikie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Newton, MA
2nd question after I download a podcasts on the new apple tv2 do I then have to go to my computer to delete it when I'm done to manage my space?

Can't help with your first question, but I can tell you that the AppleTV takes a different approach to who owns what.

If you download something and do not sync it to your computer, you can delete it directly from your Apple TV. There will be a little trash can right beside the name of the podcast, music, or whatever. It's tough to miss.

If you are syncing, say, podcasts with your computer, then once this media has been synced, the trash can disappears. The item must then be deleted from your computer.

AppleTV owns the media that is not synced (or until it is synced) and can delete it while it owns it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.