Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Mod Note: Here is a list of the previous threads
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 2)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 3)

Please refrain from quoting images, if you want to see the picture that a post is refering to you can press this button
viewpost.gif

For large images please use [/SIZE][/B] tags rather than plain old img tags

[b]We'd actually ask that everyone [U]refrains from reposting the same image in multiple threads[/U] (that includes the "Under 18" as well as "Post Your Mac Setup" threads).

In addition to folks not doing so, we realize it'll sometimes occur. If/ when that happens, and y'all notice? Please report it by clicking on this icon: [IMG]http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/buttons/report.gif and include a link to both posts. Thank you.

Since "Part 3" is reaching a huge size (1,000+ posts), I figured I would be a nice idea to start a new thread.

Here is my setup:

20" iMac
8GB iPhone
1GB iPod Shuffle
8GB iPod Nano (2G)

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 1,065
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 635

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Pixar? I think we watched that clip when I was back in college -- part of a Computer Animation class

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
wow!!! part 4! heres what ticks me off, a moderator stops the thread, and a normal user starts the new one, wonder how that works...same thing with part 3...

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
Thought I should add my latest to the thread. Completely re-arranged my setup. Took the old hutch off (which was getting in my way) and just cleaned everything up. My new wireless keyboard is coming on Saturday, so it will look even cleaner than it is now. Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3593.JPG
    IMG_3593.JPG
    620.2 KB · Views: 620

bwiissofly

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Thought I should add my latest to the thread. Completely re-arranged my setup. Took the old hutch off (which was getting in my way) and just cleaned everything up. My new wireless keyboard is coming on Saturday, so it will look even cleaner than it is now. Enjoy! :)

Huge difference. I liked the hutch look.

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA

It's looking very nice. The new keyboard will be perfect. Have you ever considered purchasing a frame for your poster? It's seen better days, and a nice frame with perhaps some matting could revive it nicely. Thanks for sharing your setup. :)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop

How is the desk arrangement in regards to the chair. I tried having my iMac at an angle but the desk was so restricint chair wish that I was basically sitting with my whole body twisted. Needless to say that didn't last long.

Nice clean setup.

I literally got the new apple wireless keyboard in the post today and at first I thought I had made a mistake as it seemed too small however after a couple of hours I really like the new style keyboard a lot. Although I also have a MB so I should be used to it.

I'd post my own picture but there is too much crap around my desk at the moment.

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
Huge difference. I liked the hutch look.

Yeah it is a gigantic difference. My mom would be on your side; she says it looks kinda bare and plain. But it was honestly getting in the way of the Airport, and the reception was constantly dropping out. Quite annoying when I'm trying to get school work done... ;)

It's looking very nice. The new keyboard will be perfect. Have you ever considered purchasing a frame for your poster? It's seen better days, and a nice frame with perhaps some matting could revive it nicely. Thanks for sharing your setup. :)

Thanks! I'm definitely going to get a frame; I think the poster is 4 years old. It has been through moving and the painting of this room. I can't think of getting rid of it, I absolutely love the G35 coupe.

How is the desk arrangement in regards to the chair. I tried having my iMac at an angle but the desk was so restricint chair wish that I was basically sitting with my whole body twisted. Needless to say that didn't last long.

Nice clean setup.

I literally got the new apple wireless keyboard in the post today and at first I thought I had made a mistake as it seemed too small however after a couple of hours I really like the new style keyboard a lot. Although I also have a MB so I should be used to it.

I'd post my own picture but there is too much crap around my desk at the moment.

So far it's has been a little bit of a struggle to get used to it, but I think with the wireless keyboard it will be much better since I can prop my legs up on the desk and have the keyboard in my lap. I'm really looking forward to getting my keyboard, my mouse came today and so far I'm loving it. The heavier feeling of the BT Mighty Mouse is much nicer than the wired version.

bwiissofly

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Yeah it is a gigantic difference. My mom would be on your side; she says it looks kinda bare and plain. But it was honestly getting in the way of the Airport, and the reception was constantly dropping out. Quite annoying when I'm trying to get school work done... ;)

Thanks! I'm definitely going to get a frame; I think the poster is 4 years old. It has been through moving and the painting of this room. I can't think of getting rid of it, I absolutely love the G35 coupe.

So far it's has been a little bit of a struggle to get used to it, but I think with the wireless keyboard it will be much better since I can prop my legs up on the desk and have the keyboard in my lap. I'm really looking forward to getting my keyboard, my mouse came today and so far I'm loving it. The heavier feeling of the BT Mighty Mouse is much nicer than the wired version.

Oh, I understand why you decided to change it. I'd much rather have reception and a restraint on my wireless signal.

Looks different. Maybe because this shot is up close and personal.

catfish743

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Kentucky
Mod Note:
Here is my setup:

20" iMac
8GB iPhone
1GB iPod Shuffle
8GB iPod Nano (2G)

Nice set up. Like the simplicity and the color of the desk.

Like this set up too. Very nice and simple. What did you take the photo with?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
minee... ;)

sory for the bad quality photo.. not very pro in taking pic lol..

yew a fellow aussie !!! :)
nice setup! i like the fact that your MB has the screen saver while your external screen has the normal desktop... is that just because you have the apple logo as your background??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.