Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MSUDVM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
I had to replace my iphone due to damage and when syncing the new phone, a new name was applied to the phone so now in itunes I have 2 iPhone databases, "Dan's iPhone", and "iPhone". Where do I find the data bases on my mac and delete the database that I am not using. I tried to restore the Iphone, but when I reconnect it to the computer, it asks me to which identity I want to sync the phone. Thanks.

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
I had to replace my iphone due to damage and when syncing the new phone, a new name was applied to the phone so now in itunes I have 2 iPhone databases, "Dan's iPhone", and "iPhone". Where do I find the data bases on my mac and delete the database that I am not using. I tried to restore the Iphone, but when I reconnect it to the computer, it asks me to which identity I want to sync the phone. Thanks.

if you go to itunes, preferences, and then the right most tab is syncing. if you click the one you dont want and then click remove backup that should do the trick

MSUDVM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Thanks

Thank you for the info! That solved it!

if you go to itunes, preferences, and then the right most tab is syncing. if you click the one you dont want and then click remove backup that should do the trick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.