Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Mine is damn hot when I'm charging the MacBook. Is it that hot with any of you? You can touch it, but it is pretty warm. I would call it very warm/mildly hot. Do I have a problem? By the way, I'm using the MacBook while it is charging if that makes a difference.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
if it burns your hand i would say its too hot, that sounds pretty normal though

It doesn't burn my hand, even when left on it for a long time. So it isn't hot, but it feels warm, and I didn't know that it was supposed to get warm like that. Thanks guys.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Mine gets very warm, so I'd say you're fine. Rarely, when I leave it plugged in for long periods it gets warm to the point of I won't put it into my case until I let it cool for a little.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
if its not in flames its good
icon14.gif

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Two Questions:
1. When it finished charging, if I leave it plugged in will it stay hot?

2. After MB is fully charged, does it hurt to keep it plugged in, or should I unplug it? I don't know if it will overcharge or what. I have read Apple's section about batteries, but I don't see something about leaving it in after it is fully charged.

chrisbeebops

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
It gets warm under normal operation, but not excessively hot. Just make sure you don't accidentally let power adapter slip under anything (e.g. pillows on the couch) cause then it really does get hot and can burn you.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
It gets warm under normal operation, but not excessively hot. Just make sure you don't accidentally let power adapter slip under anything (e.g. pillows on the couch) cause then it really does get hot and can burn you.

This is where it is on my desk. Nothing is on it or blocking it. The large cable coming from surge protector is going into the brick, which is then going to my MB.

img_3046.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.