Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winstonk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
So I have a Aluminum power book that's hard drive has crashed on me and the battery is shot and won't hold a charge past 3 min. I think I've come to the realization this computer is dead. I submitted it to ifixit.com to see what they would pay me for it.
It is a: 1.5 GHz PowerBook G4 Aluminum 15".
and they offered me $400 for it. Is this a decent offer? Could I get more for it?

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
I would try and go to mac2sell.com put in the specs, and knock a couple of hundred off that price. I would say it'll end up costing whoever buys it, a couple hundred, for a newer HD, and battery.

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
I feel like you should be able to get a bit more than $400 for it. Maybe around $600? It'd be more if you parted it out rather than selling it all together, at least from what I have sometimes seen. If your screen and logic board are good, that should get you some good money. If someone is going to fix it them self then it would only be ~$100 for a hard drive and same for a battery. ifixit is going to offer you a lower price than a private sale because they want profit on it. I'd go the ebay route personally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.