Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MUrhino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
I need some help in deciding which screen to purchase. I'm ordering the Dual G5 and can't decide on the 20" or the 23". I'm ordering through the Developer Connection so the prices are a little better; $1599 for a 23" and $1039 for the 20". The Dual G5 is only $2399. I say only, but DAMN that's a lot of $$ to spend on a computer, but it's a Mac so it's worth it.

Anyways, back to the question, which is better? 20 or 23? I know the 20 is brighter, but as far as HD goes, I know they advertise the 23 as being HD, but isn't the resolution on the 20 just as good. I'd rather not spend $4000 on the setup either. Just looking for opinions. Should I keep the superdrive or order the combo and replace it later? Thanks again! :)

mystixman

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2002
USA
I was in this same dilema just about a month ago. I had the ADC discount, and finally decided on the 20". The resolution isn't as high, but is still HD. I got the Dual 2 as well.

triton

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2003
I'm in the same dilemma, however I need my monitor to be great for color correction so I'm going with a CRT. But, I've looked at both and I'd say go with the 20 inch. It's brighter, the colors look more saturated and it to me just looks right.:)

Waluigi

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2003
Connecticut
I got the 17" because I didn't want to spend that much money on a monitor that didn't match my precious G5. I will get the top of the line monitor when they revamp the case though....whatever that size is, because more resolution is better:D

I'd keep the superdrive because iDVD is so cool, and you can also use it to back up files.

--Waluigi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.