Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainZap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
Sadly I went to http://www.kochan-wood.com, and his site is down, I really hope this is temporary.

Does anyone have any word on this? And does anyone possibly, just possibly, have all of the answers to "Programming in Objective-C" exercises on their harddrive?

Edit:
Here is the mirror provided by Stephen himself http://web.mac.com/steve_kochan/My_Home/Objective-C.html

And I have also included the zip of the Objective-C and the normal C answers. And you can still PM me if you need to.

Attachments

• ObjCAnswers.html.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 951
  • Programming in C.htm.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,775

MacwardBound

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
I apologize for digging up a really old thread, but it looks like this site is down again. The funny thing is I went there back in January when I was debating about buying his Objective-C book. Now that I have bought the book the site is down again. I have used the cached page from Google to get the errata, and answers to the questions, but I can't find the example file anywhere.

Does anyone on here still have the examples that I can get a copy of?

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Seems like he's totally gone offline.
I contacted him a few months ago with a query regarding his Objective-C book but never received a reply. :(

MacwardBound

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
That is really a shame. I am really enjoying the book so far. I guess not having the examples will only help me in the long run. The more code I type the better I will learn the language. Still, if anyone has a copy of the file I am still interested.

Thanks

techess

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
Get it from the cache

Go to google and search:
kochan-wood object c example

I believe the second url down (kochan-wood.com/objc/objc.html) is the correct one. Instead of clicking the main link click cached. Save this page for posterity because I don't know how long the google cache lasts. The links within the page will not work (since they refer to the dead site), but you can scroll down to the sections you need.

I had to do this for a shell scripting book that I have.

skochan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
California
website down

Sorry about the problems with the website. I was in England for two months and apparently missed the renewal. I'll see what I can do to get it back up and running and post to this forum.

In the interim, please email me at steve_kochan@mac.com and I'll try to assist you.

FYI, I will be working on a 2nd edition of Programming in Objective-C, but that probably won't be available until the end of the year at the earliest.

CaptainZap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
Awesome, Stephen himself.
And for everyone that couldn't find the answers I still had them on my HD, and if you would have PMed me I would have sent them to you. :)

mmendoza27

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2007
Thanks everyone for the link!! I'm so happy I have the answers to test and play around with! I just picked up the book at a Barnes and Noble and am in love with it! Thanks Steve for writing a great book, I'm excited to see how far I can take it!

grem28

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2011
Even numbered...?

Just wondering where the even-numbered exercises are,... does anyone know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.