Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
Hi everyone!

I'm standing on the line of buying an iPod Touch 32GB which will fit well with the Penryn MBP I ordered yesterday when they came out. To my question;

Is it worth getting the 32GB-model now or will they slash the prices soon? And i've read around and some people think its a waste to buy the 32GB model(?). If I could have a few inputs that'll be great.

Also, are many of you having problems with your touch? From what i've heard its a great little thin machine, but still, would like to know.

Thank you, goodnight

EdwardsNH

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
it's tech, don't worry about a price drop. That's inevitable.

As far as space, IMHO, you will never complain about too much space. Of course, buy what you can afford or save until you can afford what you want.

I'm very happy with my 32 GB, but I also saved for over a year for "the upcoming true video iPod".

MunnyGuy

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
I just bought my 32GB 2 days ago. I love it and already have 9 GB of stuff on it. I look at it this way. Can I use the extra space? With the SDK stuff coming soon I say yes. You always pay a premium to be on the leading edge..... ask all the guys who shelled out big bucks for HUGE (at the time) 1GB mp3 players.

How long are you willing to wait?

AppleCrisp

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
It is definetly worth it if you listen to a good amount of music and like carrying lots of videos along with you. I have it and it has 10 gigs of music and about 10 of videos and that's about 100 videos so its a lot of space and you never have to think about what to sync.

But.....if you don't need a lot of movies and your music collection is relatively small, then I don't recommend it because I doubt the SDK will take up too much space.

puke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
I'm thinking about the SDK Update. I got about 16-18gb of music, and then ill put in a few musicvids just for the fun of it. Money is not the problem, but some people seems to think its a waste to buy the 32gb model, just didnt understand why. But I will certanly think hard about this. The SDK will put the touch to even more use than it already is.

For you who have bought 32gb model, you dont feel it's a waste of money?

puke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
I have 15 GB of music and went for the 32. I couldn't be happier :) (well, now that this is resolved anyway!

Haha charged 3 times? 1440 + 20? That's a VERY expensive iPod Touch 32gb! And I already think its expensive :) I'm thinking about ordering the 32gb today, It's a nice machine. You havent had any problems with yours? Except the doublemoney-thing^^

I just bought my 32GB 2 days ago. I love it and already have 9 GB of stuff on it. I look at it this way. Can I use the extra space? With the SDK stuff coming soon I say yes. You always pay a premium to be on the leading edge..... ask all the guys who shelled out big bucks for HUGE (at the time) 1GB mp3 players.

How long are you willing to wait?

I think i've been waiting for a while, been pushing the 16gb for a while, but since I got a 30gb iPod video it seemed idiotic when I had more music that 16gb touch would fit +the SDK coming out. And now they released the 32gb.

puke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
I found a bug but it's very minor. Hardware-wise it's been flawless.

A friend of mine at work got an 8GB model, and his Wi-Fi connection are pretty unstable(safari) (I know that is depending on the router aswell) but when he's surfing the net and the connection is lost, safari just crashes (not shows the "connect"-thing on the screen) as it's supposed to. Any of you guys got this problem?

EDIT: 10 mins ago I ordered the 32gb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.