Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mchank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
My local Apple store, usually one weekend a month, used to put out their returned/refurbished items for sale. It usually was a good time to get big discounts on accessories and such, but I haven't seen them do it for awhile. Have the stores stopped doing this and what do they do with returned items?

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
My local Apple store, usually one weekend a month, used to put out their returned/refurbished items for sale. It usually was a good time to get big discounts on accessories and such, but I haven't seen them do it for awhile. Have the stores stopped doing this and what do they do with returned items?

nope this is all handled by Apple's online store. (for the most part)

all returned items, usually gets refreshed at the Apple's return warehouse and from there they may o rmay not end up on the refurb page at the site, others have suggested they also goto various apple authorized resellers, but im not 100% sure about that.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
The Apple store near where I used to live in AZ would have their monthly 'fire sale' at the end of each month where they would sell refreshed items from the store. When they stopped doing this I asked them about it and they said that all refreshed and refurbished items are now sent back to Apple and sold through their online refurb store. I'm guessing they started doing this for QC reasons, having things checked and repaired in one location rather than all over the place.

heyisa

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Kansas
Sometimes

You can get some good deals on demo units, and open box items every once in awhile. I got a couple largely discounted ipods that way.

mchank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Do they not sell returned accessories anymore like ipod stuff and usb hubs? I once got an Elgato tuner for super cheap because it was returned.

f1

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
They still do it at Canadian Apple Stores, i just saw on store in Toronto do it just a week ago, however, they never sell refreshed apple products, all 3rd party stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.