Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
over the past couple of days, i've been trying to sync my ipod to itunes (7.2), and the problem is specially with the podcasts. i have about 5 gigs of podcasts on itunes, but i have it set that only new podcasts are brought over to the ipod. i have about a gig of free space left on my first gen nano, and the new podcasts only take up around 100 mb. the thing is that it keeps saying that there is not enough space to hold those podcasts, even though i have the space to hold the new ones that i have set on my ipod. anyone know what's going on?

honeycrisp

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2007
over the past couple of days, i've been trying to sync my ipod to itunes (7.2), and the problem is specially with the podcasts. i have about 5 gigs of podcasts on itunes, but i have it set that only new podcasts are brought over to the ipod. i have about a gig of free space left on my first gen nano, and the new podcasts only take up around 100 mb. the thing is that it keeps saying that there is not enough space to hold those podcasts, even though i have the space to hold the new ones that i have set on my ipod. anyone know what's going on?

Perhaps the playlist is messed up and is trying to move more than you think. I had this problem with TV shows the other day on my ipHone...

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
i have been trying to get my new podcasts on there to no avail. worse, is that itunes won't take off the current podcasts (i have it set where all played shows are off the ipod). i switch basically all the parameters i can think of and still, these three screens shown below come up (of course i said no). any idea of what's going on? btw, huddy's the name of my ipod.

Attachments

• ipod0.png
    ipod0.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 210
  • ipod1.png
    ipod1.png
    33 KB · Views: 237
  • ipod2.png
    ipod2.png
    35 KB · Views: 205

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
i got it fixed by restoring the ipod and then setting to manually manage my music, even though i still got the (there's not enough space) message when i try to set the music sync to automatic. i found out that itunes wanted to sync 16 shows on the ipod (when i only asked for 3-5), and i'm still trying to see why that is. the podcast sync is set to automatic though, and it's working fine now. i'm going to keep an eye on this in the coming days and see what went wrong, and why the ipod full messages kept popping up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.