Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

catlady13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Please, how do I copy and paste with the keyboard if it is a pc keyboard and has no apple key? Thank you very much for any replies. I just got this wee beastie and searched the net for the answer but couldn't find it.
PS is a mac mini

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
^^ Well it'll be the one closest to the space bar anyhow.

You can switch the keys around in System Preferences>Keyboard and Mouse>Keyboard>Modifier Keys

to be more sensible if you want.

If you use a UK PC keyboard you can use this so that @, and" are in the "right place" for your keyboard.

catlady13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Thank you all very much and yes I am using a pc keyboard. I am thinking of getting a mac keyboard though I may not if I can get this to work with my KVM switch. It works for my monitor but it has ps2 connectors. I am pretty sure though I have a ps2 to usb connector here somewhere. Does that hold true for any keyboard shortcut? that the windows key corresponds to the command key?

cherry su

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Thank you all very much and yes I am using a pc keyboard. I am thinking of getting a mac keyboard though I may not if I can get this to work with my KVM switch. It works for my monitor but it has ps2 connectors. I am pretty sure though I have a ps2 to usb connector here somewhere. Does that hold true for any keyboard shortcut? that the windows key corresponds to the command key?

Yes it will work. Been there, done that with a Mac mini and a dell keyboard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.