Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Hello everyone, I have had my iBook G4 for about 3 1/2 years now. And I just got a message that says "Please restart your machine by holding down the power button for 50 seconds". I did that, let it stay off for about 5 minutes. Turned it back on and about 2 minutes later it says the same message again. I turned it off, and turned it back on. It seems to be error free for now. I have never dropped my computer! Please help! Thanks!

cherry su

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

is it a gray screen with a darker text box? If so, then that would be a kernal panic.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
yes, that is it. How do I fix it? please help, chandler

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Have you tried to run disk utility on it? Have you replaced any memory on it recently or downloaded anything before this happened?

Well, I lost the apple CD. I haven't replaced memory. And, I havent downloaded anything recently.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Update..

Hello everybody! Thanks for the replies. I went to the genius bar today, the guy looked at it and said that it was airport related. He said that they had to ship it into apple to get it fixed. I was under the extended waranty so it covered the price of it-PHEW! They said I should have it back by next wednesday! Speedy! Also, Does apple go through your peresonal stuff like pictures and stuff? thanks< macluver

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.