Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mesamac

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
I have few .mp4 movies encoded using Handbrake using AppleTV preset.
I have enough space on iPhone more than 5GB left and I am trying to copy
only 2GB of mp4 file.

When I try to sync using iTunes, iTunes gives error saying iPhone can't play this format. So not able to Sync that file. Not sure what exactly is the format I should give to iPhone? Isn't iPhone support mp4 format?

Can you please help.

Thanks,

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
The quality/resolution is too high, so the iPhone isn't powerful enough to play it, use iSquint or FFMPEGX to reduce the quality/resolution of the file.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
The bit rate of the file is too high, or it is High Complexity. The iPhone and iPods can only play a 128 bps files that are Low Complexity. The file size will be larger to accomplish this. Just right click on them and select, "Convert for iPod/iPhone" and then the converted ones will work.

TEG

funwithamar

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2008
The bit rate of the file is too high, or it is High Complexity. The iPhone and iPods can only play a 128 bps files that are Low Complexity. The file size will be larger to accomplish this. Just right click on them and select, "Convert for iPod/iPhone" and then the converted ones will work.

TEG

tried this now the video is completely gone , and a white screen appears, and sound is there.....

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I have few .mp4 movies encoded using Handbrake using AppleTV preset.
I have enough space on iPhone more than 5GB left and I am trying to copy
only 2GB of mp4 file.

When I try to sync using iTunes, iTunes gives error saying iPhone can't play this format. So not able to Sync that file. Not sure what exactly is the format I should give to iPhone? Isn't iPhone support mp4 format?

Can you please help.

Thanks,

Not sure about your exact issue, but handbrake has an iPhone preset that I have used for movies I have. Has worked great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.