Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
Everyone agreed to a license agreement when they installed the SDK, but I'm still not sure on what we can and cannot do. Are we allowed to post code and screenshots publicly? I've glanced through the agreement but it's still clear as mud. Anyone can sign up and download the SDK so I don't see why they would be super secretive about it. Anyone have any ideas?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I'd say if in doubt, don't do it.

Super Secret and Apple go hand in hand.

EnderTW

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Kain absolutely not, I think you can post pictures and information about the app your developing.

The SDK is free to download.

I know you can't try and distribute your app without officially going through Apple's way, but to hype your app up for consumption? That's totally legal.

I am trying to think of an App people would want to use. When I start development, you betcha I'll be posting information about it.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
I figured it'd be okay, but like bartelby said it's still better to stay quiet until I'm sure. I emailed ADC so hopefully they'll give me a response soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.