Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KatmanDu

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2007
NE Georgia
Mod's edit: Other threads

Post your last purchase
Post your last purchase II
Post your last purchase III
Post your last purchase IV

---------

Anyway, post a picture (preferably a picture that you took), of the last thing you bought. May it be candy, jeans or a new car, it doesn't matter, just post it (keep it clean).

-------------------------------------

Additions to the video setup: Blackmagic Intensity Pro card and Phillips 19" HDTV for output monitoring. Haven't color-corrected the TV yet. Was a little bummed that the Intensity only sends HDMI out with certain applications, until I remembered that there's a VGA port on the TV as well for use outside of Final Cut.

Attachments

• new_purchase-1.jpg
    new_purchase-1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 315
  • new_purchase-2.jpg
    new_purchase-2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 273

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I refuse to call anything Simple Plan, Music.
They're not the best but i do like them. They're not my favorite.

Then again, this is the same person who likes Angels & Airwaves...so I guess he's beyond saving anyway ;)
THAT was uncalled for. :(

One of the main reasons why I love AVA is the message they are spreading. "spread love like violence". They're being hailed as the next U2 and Tom DeLonge is being called "the next Bono". Not to mention they are also literally saving lives. I got a letter from a guy on MySpace thinking that I knew the guys and he told me about how AVA saved his brothers life.

AVA=LOVE

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
They're not the best but i do like them. They're not my favorite.

THAT was uncalled for. :(

One of the main reasons why I love AVA is the message they are spreading. "spread love like violence". They're being hailed as the next U2 and Tom DeLonge is being called "the next Bono". Not to mention they are also literally saving lives. I got a letter from a guy on MySpace thinking that I knew the guys and he told me about how AVA saved his brothers life.

AVA=LOVE

Tom will NEVER be "the next Bono."

Bono is a hero, someone who gives and gives.

Tom does nothing. He WANTS to be like Bono, he's dying to be, but he never will be. Has Tom wiped a countries debt clear? No, he hasnt. All he's done is stabbed his two "best-friends" in the back and gone off on a prancing, arms-flailing adventure.

Tom and AVA are nothing special. Far from it.

And I've met the dude. He lost all of my respect when he ditched his bros the way he did. The guys a punk these days. /rant

Anyway, back on topic:

I received my 5.5G 80GB from Apple's clearance store...posted an unpacking set on flickr.

2319669424_c398172df8_b.jpg

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Ohhhh... I see, you're a +44 fan aren't you?:rolleyes::p

Nope, I'm a fan of true friendships.

I really dont see how anyone can even compare them to U2. Because there's more layers of effects on his guitar than there are strings on the damn thing makes them like U2?

I find it hard to call even half of the crap that comes out these days music. The year 2000 = the death of real music.

iSamurai

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2007
ɹǝpun uʍop 'ǝuɐqsı&#
I got an adidas glider replica football today. I love football.
One good reason that it's a replica is because I'm not gonna use the one with that curvy contour stitches to kick around - kinda expensive :)

dsc00673sl0.jpg

Deadaim357

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
Boston,MA
Everybody asks me if I listen to them - they must be really good. I'm gonna go on iTunes and check them out.

Ghosts I-IV isn't on iTunes. It might be when the CD comes out but not now. You can download the first 9 songs Of Ghosts on NIN.com. If you wanted to check that album out.

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
Tom will NEVER be "the next Bono."

Bono is a hero, someone who gives and gives.

Tom does nothing. He WANTS to be like Bono, he's dying to be, but he never will be. Has Tom wiped a countries debt clear? No, he hasnt. All he's done is stabbed his two "best-friends" in the back and gone off on a prancing, arms-flailing adventure.

Tom and AVA are nothing special. Far from it.

And I've met the dude. He lost all of my respect when he ditched his bros the way he did. The guys a punk these days. /rant

im with this guy, i lost all respect for tom when i found out how he screwed mark and travis over. getting your manager to tell them you quit after 13 years of being in a band together? thats weak. he cant save lives, he cant even save himself. give me a break

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Ghosts I-IV isn't on iTunes. It might be when the CD comes out but not now. You can download the first 9 songs Of Ghosts on NIN.com. If you wanted to check that album out.
I went on iTunes and listened to their top 20 songs and... well, they're kinda dark.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I went on iTunes and listened to their top 20 songs and... well, they're kinda dark.

They're a very dark band, but if I'm not mistaken Ghosts is all instrumental?

I'm not positive, but many are comparing it to when Billy (Smashing Pumpkins) scored Stigmata. Not really a huge NIN fan, Trent Reznor kinda irks me...

tidytrev

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2007
got it from asda yesterday for 6 quid, works great with the mac and feels really nice

Attachments

• 49e0_1.JPG
    49e0_1.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.