Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CHawk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Can someone please help me!! I am a complete newbie to Cocoa, and I am following the tutorials set by Scott Stevenson at cocoadevcentral.com. Everything was going fine until I arrived halfway through 'Learn Cocoa II' and I dragged an AppController.h to my MainMenu.nib. There is supposed to be an icon of the AppController appearing in the MainMenu.nib window, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong, or has the programme changed since the tutorial was written? Can anyone shed some light please????

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Can someone please help me!! I am a complete newbie to Cocoa, and I am following the tutorials set by Scott Stevenson at cocoadevcentral.com. Everything was going fine until I arrived halfway through 'Learn Cocoa II' and I dragged an AppController.h to my MainMenu.nib. There is supposed to be an icon of the AppController appearing in the MainMenu.nib window, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong, or has the programme changed since the tutorial was written? Can anyone shed some light please????

I assume you are using Xcode and Interface Builder version 3? If so the tutorial is probably written for the old version, as Interface Builder in particular has changed quite a bit since the version for Tiger.

CHawk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Versions of software

I am using Leopard OS. I have literally just downloaded a few days ago. I downloaded Interface Builder 3 and xCode 3. If so, should I be doing a different action to achieve the same effect, or perhaps, I should just follow a different tutorial. Please advise?!?!?

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
I am using Leopard OS. I have literally just downloaded a few days ago. I downloaded Interface Builder 3 and xCode 3. If so, should I be doing a different action to achieve the same effect, or perhaps, I should just follow a different tutorial. Please advise?!?!?

You just need to read the Interface Builder manual to see how it works differently.

There are quite a few changes like that.

CHawk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Thank you for your help - I managed to find out how to do this from various tutorials!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.