Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pizzer

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
The only ipod i'd want to own besides my current one is the very first ipod.. in box of course:)

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Hehe. This thread inspired me to dig out my old 2G 20GB iPod and see if it worked.

Hooked up the Firewire cable (you kids today with yer fancy-schmancy 'dock' connectors!) - and yes, the FW port cover's still attached! It works fine still! Very strange to see a time-capsule of my music collection from 2005! I know some people end up getting lots of iPods through faults, repairs and replacements, but since getting my 2G iPod in 6 years ago, I'm still only on my 2nd (an iPod Colour with Clickwheel). That tells me it's time for an upgrade - 2G from 2002-2005 (3yrs), iPod Colour from 2005-2008 (also 3yrs!).

*opens iPod Touch page on apple.com and drools*

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Anyone have one like this in their collection?

That is wild, thanks for posting it! Imagine if they made one from old rental fleet cars instead of cans... or from old taxis --> I could take a picture and finally have a yellow iPod without going to colorware.

Here is a picture of my first mini.

Attachments

• GreenMiniDressedForTheOscars.jpg
    GreenMiniDressedForTheOscars.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2,121

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Wow, those boxes bring back good memories...they're really trimmed them down. I remember back in the day I bought a 3G 20GB and it came with a remote, a carrying case, a dock, the iTunes CD, haha.

M!K

macrumors regular
May 12, 2007
Canada
Man you need to get some color in your collection! :)

There are people who collect every color of the Maglite flashlights (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1797653&postcount=23). So there probably are people who have every color of iPod mini, shuffle and nano. And if there aren't, someone should start a collection right now :)

Cheers - Greg

lollll i wonder what's the point in collection flashlights? I mean... it doesn't do anything special. That's so funny!

M!K

macrumors regular
May 12, 2007
Canada
Wow, those boxes bring back good memories...they're really trimmed them down. I remember back in the day I bought a 3G 20GB and it came with a remote, a carrying case, a dock, the iTunes CD, haha.

i would love actual iPods to come with the dock. Happily, my iPhone came with one.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC

Those were definitely the days...

speedyraf

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
Looking

Thanks for posting all the pictures, I never realized the variety of iPods. Can anyone point me to reliable web stores as I'm looking for a refurb or new iPod nano 2nd generation 8GB. I've been looking at the Apple store, but am curious about other possibilities. Thanks.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Collection Photo

I've updated my collection photo as of today.

Here it is (also reflected in the first post!)

Show us yours!

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 395
Reactions: Judy Terboss

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Boy the way Glen Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days.

Ah, nostalgia...

01jamcon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
London
My relatively small collection of 5 ipods I've gathered over the years. I must say, the obsession is growing on me. Next on my list: iPod 3G, a classic in my books.

Attachments

• DSCF3131.jpg
    DSCF3131.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 368

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Why the sealed iPod Touch?

Never opened it! Don't feel the need I guess...

Aren't you missing the 2nd Generation too? I see the 1st and the 3rd, or is the 1st sealed?

No, the 2nd generation is the iPod that's displayed. The 1st Generation is the one inside the box. Sealed in the "Don't Steal Music Wrapper" with all the accessories sealed too!

My relatively small collection of 5 ipods I've gathered over the years. I must say, the obsessions is growing on me. Next on my list: iPod 3G, a classic in my books.

Very nice collection...I still need an iPod photo!

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Wouldn't that be the same thing as a fourth generation iPod?

It is, but I have the monochrome (black and white) 4th Generation. What I would really want to get is a 4th Generation U2 iPod Photo. That would be the best of both worlds....I'd have a special edition and an iPod photo all in one!

01jamcon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
London
It is, but I have the monochrome (black and white) 4th Generation. What I would really want to get is a 4th Generation U2 iPod Photo. That would be the best of both worlds....I'd have a special edition and an iPod photo all in one!

Wouldn't that mess up your all white/silver scheme? Lol, oh yh, the iPhone already ruins it, but I guess thats forgivable. Thanks for the reply btw, its nice to see other people who collect these things, but your collection is much better. So far I got the mini for free and about $60 for the photo, but I know eventually I'll need to spend some real money if I ever want to get a 1G.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Wouldn't that mess up your all white/silver scheme? Lol, oh yh, the iPhone already ruins it, but I guess thats forgivable. Thanks for the reply btw, its nice to see other people who collect these things, but your collection is much better. So far I got the mini for free and about $60 for the photo, but I know eventually I'll need to spend some real money if I ever want to get a 1G.

The longer you wait for the 1st Generation iPod, the higher the price will be :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.