Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zcarter

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Hey guys...

As I said before, I'm working on iPhoneDevCentral.org - a new tool for anybody to view (hopefully) a full database of tutorials about the iPhone SDK. Anyone is welcome to submit their videos to me so I can post them for people to view.

Anyway..

I have made a Simple "Hello World" Tutorial that uses the UILabel Class. I will discuss how to work with the style of font on the labels, creating transparent backgrounds for the labels, font color, initiating the label onto the main screen of the iphone and more. It's about a 16 minute tutorial. I also discuss the basic syntax of creating functions.

Let me know what you think. (Of course this is BASIC)...I'm hoping I will be receiving more tutorials (Basic, intermediate, and advanced ones) so I can upload them to my site so other people can enjoy them.

My next tutorial, I will be getting into creating lists.

Anyway, the link to the Hello World App Tutorial is below:

http://rednovacorp.info/~iphonede/iphonetutorials/HelloWorldApp/HelloWorldApp.zip

Hopefully in a couple of hours my new domain should transfer over and it can be found at

http://www.iphonedevcentral.org/iphonetutorials/HelloWorldApp/HelloWorldApp.zip

Otherwise click the first link above..

- Zac

MDMstudios

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2008
Hey guys...

As I said before, I'm working on iPhoneDevCentral.org - a new tool for anybody to view (hopefully) a full database of tutorials about the iPhone SDK. Anyone is welcome to submit their videos to me so I can post them for people to view.

Anyway..

I have made a Simple "Hello World" Tutorial that uses the UILabel Class. I will discuss how to work with the style of font on the labels, creating transparent backgrounds for the labels, font color, initiating the label onto the main screen of the iphone and more. It's about a 16 minute tutorial. I also discuss the basic syntax of creating functions.

Let me know what you think. (Of course this is BASIC)...I'm hoping I will be receiving more tutorials (Basic, intermediate, and advanced ones) so I can upload them to my site so other people can enjoy them.

My next tutorial, I will be getting into creating lists.

Anyway, the link to the Hello World App Tutorial is below:

http://rednovacorp.info/~iphonede/iphonetutorials/HelloWorldApp/HelloWorldApp.zip

Hopefully in a couple of hours my new domain should transfer over and it can be found at

http://www.iphonedevcentral.org/iphonetutorials/HelloWorldApp/HelloWorldApp.zip

Otherwise click the first link above..

- Zac

Thanks for the great tutorial, its the first tutorial that I felt like I really was able to get a lot out of it and understand the workings of the iPhone SDK a little bit more.

Kev1000000

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Thanks a ton man. This is really really good stuff. I am eagerly awaiting your next tutorial!

Thanks again man, and keep up the great work.

MiniMacLean

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008
Thanks alot!!

Great tutorial!!

First programming i have ever done and i found it easy!!

Thanks again

zippyfly

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
Great stuff.

But one suggestion is not to type out the other examples of function calls, etc. in other languages. It can be confusing as subconsciously I am memorizing the syntax for the other languages (or you are reminding me about other languages and then I get confused if that is the way to do it in ObjC or what).

Just some feedback from a newbie watching this.

Thanks!

pixelbug

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
Iphone SDK for non programmers

Hello,
First I'd like to say thanks for posting this tutorial. Second can we start a list of places that have very basic resources for someone who is not a programmer like myself? I'm a designer. And My strengths are in designing interfaces but would like to learn how to build my own app.

Thanks in advance.

Pixelbug

anmldr

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Does anyone know what happened to the tutorial? The links are broken.

Linda

ryosaeb4

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
Dear friend I'ma new MacRumors user from Italy,

I wish know if someone can Help me to find a tutorial to make a streaming radio application for iPhone....

Thanks

UsmanIsmail

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2008
Hello,
First I'd like to say thanks for posting this tutorial. Second can we start a list of places that have very basic resources for someone who is not a programmer like myself? I'm a designer. And My strengths are in designing interfaces but would like to learn how to build my own app.

Thanks in advance.

Pixelbug

What kind of app are you looking to build, unfortunately the tutorials are a bit spread out at the moment.

--Usman

nandanmehra

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2008
Sim Card Data information

Hi to all ,
i m very new in iphone programming actually in one of my project i need to fatch the data from the simcard .like in our normal phone when we go sim card service menu then it open a link related to that sim card service ..this is what i have to do bya programming(using cocoa language).can some one help to me i m very thxful to him

thanks in advance
nandan mehra

QueenZ

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2008
thanks you so much for the tutorial. I guess i can start making iPhone apps already :D

ChaosFromAbove

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
I know this is an old topic but...

...the website went down (account suspended)...and I was just starting to learn :( plz fix it zach!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.