Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheThirdMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
London, UK
Hallo all,

Well im playing the waiting game for me mac pro. Just wondering how long it took for urs to be delivered? Ordered it friday, which is a pain with the easter weekend . It said 4 days for it to be built, then 3 to 7 days. Does that actually mean 7 days minimum or did any of you guys receive your mac pro before the date specified?

GregPacker

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
Wherever there is a queue
Apple told me they were pushing my replacement mac pro through their system as an urgent "priority one", so it would jump to the front of the queue and ship within a couple of days. Nine days later it finally shipped (on Easter Friday) so it might be delivered on Tuesday or Wednesday this week, not that I will be at that address this week to receive it. That's in the UK though, so if you are in the US you might get it from a more organised assembly line.

Cromas

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
my tracking ups say delivery 26/3/08, I hope so that are real... so in 2 day that beast come to me :D

Spud1

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2008
Depends where it is being assembled and shipped from :)

Mine was a BTO with airport + the 8800GT, and was shipped from ireland..was ordered on the 13th, shipped on the 17th and arrived on the 19th, so 6 days from ordering to delivery..pretty impressive from apple!

mistuk

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2004
Amesbury, UK
I'm playing the waiting game in the UK too. Ordered Mac Pro on (Good) Friday - currently showing estimated shipping 27th March with estimated delivery 2-3 April....

Can't wait!!!

Kev

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
Estimated delivery dates are fine,But mine came early, the morning after my duty finished and i started my 4 days rest time, i think it was 2 day's early, it arrived the same morning the speakers and extra hard drives arrived so i was happy spending the day setting up and playing, i already had my monitors so i got that extra time with the wee beastie ;)

I'm UK based, It was BTO from Cork using UPS to deliver :)

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
In Anchorage and patiently waiting...

From my order slip

"Ships by: Mar 26 - Mar 28
Delivers by: Mar 27 - Mar 31"

27th and 28th are good for me...otherwise I won't be here on the weekend:(

Hoping to see it by this weekend, hence the reason for overnight delivery!

I also ordered with the 8800GT...I was anticipating a greater wait with some of the horror stories I had read! Seems like people were waiting for over a month with this card!

Don't know if any of you have done a RAM upgrade...but I called OWC this morning and got 8 gigs (4x2g) sticks for 399! Huge difference from the Apple site...I also grabbed a couple of 1TB 3.5" 7200rpm drives while I was there!

Take care...good luck on receiving your machines...may all of ours arrive in one piece!

Jer

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
4 days off.... you're not in ATC are you?

no, not ATC, but in the security field, can't say exactly what ;)

but it's always good to unwind working on my Mac Pro :)

Don't know if any of you have done a RAM upgrade...but I called OWC this morning and got 8 gigs (4x2g) sticks for 399! Huge difference from the Apple site
Jer

Other World Computers will also ship to the UK, a Bargain can be had

mgsarch

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Ordered mine on a Monday, it arrived Tuesday at 10:30am.

<3 Amazon Prime 3.99 Overnight Shipping & OWC

U.S. based :)

nemloc

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
Ordered mine (octo 2.8 + 8800gt) on Friday, status just changed to prepared for shipment with an ETA of the 27th at my door. We'll see when the tracking number shows up there tomorrow hopefully as the carrier's ETA is pretty acurate.

Boblister

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2008
North West UK
Ordered mine Friday...But got it 2 hours later. I ordered at the Apple store in Bluewater, Kent though. The nice man wheeled it all the way through John Lewis's to my car for me as well. Piggy bank is empty now so I have to save up for the 8800 card and extra memory.

After loading WinXP via bootcamp, I am convinced its the fastest Windows maching I have owned.

Rob

jakealdred

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2008
Manchester england
WOW
How lucky, I couldn't even afford a macbook pro!.
Then again im only 12!,so I don't really need such a powerful machine!.
So i hope you can post some picture's of your new machine!,or maybe tell us the full specifications of your new mac pro!.
-Jake (Who is of to london now,to buy his 13th birthday clothes:D).

TheThirdMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
London, UK
I'm playing the waiting game in the UK too. Ordered Mac Pro on (Good) Friday - currently showing estimated shipping 27th March with estimated delivery 2-3 April....

Can't wait!!!

Kev

Same dates for me.

My status is now prepared for shipment, so looks like i may have it by friday!! w00t!

So i hope you can post some picture's of your new machine!,or maybe tell us the full specifications of your new mac pro!.
-Jake (Who is of to london now,to buy his 13th birthday clothes).

I'll post some pics when i get mine! Happy birthdayz.

EVH

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2007
Swansea, Wales
My Mac Pro is due to arrive tomorrow as well (UK) :)

Also, just want to add that UPS wanted £53 customs charge for my RAM that I ordered from OWC :mad:

Swings and roundabouts, eh.

TheThirdMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
London, UK
Also, just want to add that UPS wanted £53 customs charge for my RAM that I ordered from OWC

Swings and roundabouts, eh.

Still cheaper than any UK shop though. I was lucky and didn't get charged, or at least i haven't yet. It's been nearly a month....

53543651yp5.jpg

NOM NOM

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago from macmall.com. I ordered it on a Friday and it came on the following Wed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.