Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
ohg good find, there's been a few issues with 2.0 I've noticed. Hopefully this will fix some (others it won't, like for example your own content being listed at the bottom of menus - below all store content!)

edit: Downloading now :)

AppleMatt

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
I've got it too. 'bout time, the Take.2 software has been quite glitchy so far...

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Updates Apple TV to 2.0.1

Apple quietly issued a new update to the Apple TV tonight. The 2.0.1 update is the first update since the Take 2 update that Apple announced at Macworld this year.

'Take 2' introduced Movie rentals, and revamped the entire Apple TV interface.

With such a small version increase, it may simply represent a bug fix release, but we will post a list of changes as we find them.

Article Link

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Looks like they've added Genres for your movies. That should make a lot of people happy.....

I have Genres in mine and am still in the process of downloading the update now.

arn

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I'd like to see Movie folders and playlists, like we have for music. That will make me most happiest. :)

My 40GB is out on loan, and my 160GB is at a friend's house, so I am stuck here AppleTV-less. :eek:

Alfie

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2004
South Dakota
I have Genres in mine and am still in the process of downloading the update now.

arn

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the Genres section under Movies in 2.0 was related to the movies you could rent. I was referring to the Genres that I'm now seeing under "My Movies" in 2.0.1. Was that there before? I didn't think you were able to browse your own movies by Genre before.

BRussell

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2002
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the Genres section under Movies in 2.0 was related to the movies you could rent. I was referring to the Genres that I'm now seeing under "My Movies" in 2.0.1. Was that there before? I didn't think you were able to browse your own movies by Genre before.

Yes, you are definitely right, that's new.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

Ah. yes. that is not there in the plain 2.0 version.

arn

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I can't wait to download. So it seems that some new features are added to manage my movies better are true? Thats terrific.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Parental Controls

Did the parental control restriction always work on your movies being streamed from iTunes. I set mine up as sync and then uncheck all content so nothing actually syncs.

Please confirm anyone. I tried selecting R rated movie and it asked for passcode.

EDIT: The screen also appears to be brighter, but may just be me.

avigalante

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2007
New York City
Did someone delete my post from before? (I don't see it)

Anyway, I hope that with this update my tv stops losing its network connection...

Alfie

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2004
South Dakota
About to download....

I hope this fixes how sluggish the UI has been since the update.

I've only been playing with it for a few minutes, but it does seem that moving through the UI is not as sluggish as it used to be. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. :) Time will tell.

rogerm

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2007
Yep, I can confirm. The UI is snappier. Loading Thumbnails for HD Podcasts doesn't freeze the UI for several seconds anymore. Sweet.

iphoneidiot

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Takes about 12 minutes

The update takes about 12 minutes to complete. Don't notice anything. Does seem faster, but when isn't that what we notice first.

Love to see the intro movie again.

Attachments

• 2370285426_a28139268f.jpg
    2370285426_a28139268f.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 165

daijones

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Thank Christ there's finally a genre option in My Movies. With 270 movies it's a pain to scroll through all of them, especially when they're all properly tagged. This will save me a lot of hassle! Now for playlists, but that would require an iTunes update

austinhamilton

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2008
Noticed another change, there is now an option to remove podcasts from your favorites that are no longer available. Previously, it would just tell you that the podcast was unavailable, but it would stay in your favorites list, which was pretty annoying.

Austin Hamilton
http://www.austinhamilton.net

Attachments

• appletv.JPG
    appletv.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 97

ccunning

macrumors member
May 3, 2006
Waiting Downloads Gone

All of the downloads that I had that had not completed yet are gone. Not sure what to do now :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.