Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SdotK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
hi, I just got my 16gb iPhone yesterday, I tried merge calling today but it wouldnt work, it would look like its about to work but then it wud go bk to one of the lines that isnt on hold. im on the 35£ o2 plan, all legit stuff. i heard you might have to ring o2 to allow multiple calls? any help thanks.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Are you doing it like this?

Someone calls you. You and this person are talking.
All of a sudden you get an incoming call. You need to either put the person you are talking to on hold, or just deny it.
When you put the current person you are on the phone with on hold, you start talking to the second person. Now is the time you can merge calls.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
Before you can merge calls you need to have Conference Calling enabled on your mobile phone account.

Ask your network provider to see if you have the facility as Merge calls won't work without it. It is not necessarily provided by default to some customers on some networks.

Once you have the facility then you can merge calls as explained above.

Ryanhdd

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I have at&t and i tried to merge calls the other day and it would not work. What i did was call someone and then put them on hold and then called the other person and then tried to merge the calls and it would not work. anyone know why?

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
I have at&t and i tried to merge calls the other day and it would not work. What i did was call someone and then put them on hold and then called the other person and then tried to merge the calls and it would not work. anyone know why?

I think this was answered in the post directly above yours, no?

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
i read the above posts and took that into consideration when i made my post. so me checking my account was a given. sorry i did not spell it out for you.

Not really a given since so many people here on these forums don't take the time to actually read all the posts before they themselves make a [usually ignorant] post, which is exactly how yours came off sounding. Sorry for not being able to read your mind and know that you already checked your account (though I would double check it again because either your account doesn't allow conference calling or you are doing something wrong here, otherwise it should be working.)

But really, I am and would like to help, but it doesn't sound like you are looking for help when you come on with a snotty attitude and expect us to read your mind.

Zianac

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2007
Florida
I know this is an old topic, but I just had the same problem. Turns out that Conference calling wasn't provisioned on my account. I eventually ended up calling AT&T and had them add that provision and it started working fine! Just thought I'd share...

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
I have the exact same setup as you (16gb 3G with £35/month O2) and it works fine for me as long as you do have 2 calls already going to the iphone (one speaking, one on hold)

ttracy007

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2008
Not really a given since so many people here on these forums don't take the time to actually read all the posts before they themselves make a [usually ignorant] post, which is exactly how yours came off sounding. Sorry for not being able to read your mind and know that you already checked your account (though I would double check it again because either your account doesn't allow conference calling or you are doing something wrong here, otherwise it should be working.)

But really, I am and would like to help, but it doesn't sound like you are looking for help when you come on with a snotty attitude and expect us to read your mind.

Why are you being such a jerk to this guy? You're the one being snotty not him. It's great that you know a lot about the iphone and we're really grateful to you for helping us out, but maybe you could focus on being more helpful and less critical. The guy just wants to fix the problem not to be lectured by you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.