Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nucks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Hi,

On another website, I'm trying to figure out how to solve a NAT problem with my airport express. (plugged directly into the cable modem I have no problem, going wireless with the airport express, i have a NAT problem)

The fellow helping me says I need to manually set the IP address for my airport express.

How do I do this? I can't find a menu item for it in the airport utility. I see in the summary that there is a router address. Is that the same as the IP address for the airport express?

Cheers,

Jim

Bambeezer

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
Dallas, TX
You can change the DHCP address range your AE gives out. It's under internet > DHCP. There are 3 options. The default is a 10. network, but I changed mine to a 192. network because of VPN conflicts to my corp network.

What problem are you having?

Bambeezer

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
Dallas, TX
There is also an option where you can change the IP address of your router. It's under internet connection, configure IPv4. Set that to manual and enter in details. I have not played with that option.

Nucks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
You can change the DHCP address range your AE gives out. It's under internet > DHCP. There are 3 options. The default is a 10. network, but I changed mine to a 192. network because of VPN conflicts to my corp network.

What problem are you having?

I have a nat problem with azureus and the ae. When i plug the ethernet cable directly into the macbook from the cable modem (motorola SB5101 surfboard) There is no nat problem.

When I try to change the IP address and the DHCP range to values given to me by the guy helping me out, it won't let me because it says the the values i've entered are incompatible with my WAN IP address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.