Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterjeter26

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
i currently used the reset password utitlity on my macbook pro and everytime i open an aplication it asks for some keychain password and its getting me very frustrated. how do i take this stupuid setting off its killing me!

mrwizardno2

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
Columbus, OH
i currently used the reset password utitlity on my macbook pro and everytime i open an aplication it asks for some keychain password and its getting me very frustrated. how do i take this stupuid setting off its killing me!

Open keychain access and set the password to match your login password, this should fix the problem - I think

ewilson6

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2006
open keychain access in utilities folder

click on padlock at top of window

input user and password if requested

now leave padlock unlocked

now goto system preferences and click on security

uncheck the box that says Require password to unlock each secure system preference

--Eric

mrwizardno2

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
Columbus, OH
I really don't think much of that is needed, especially the bit about secure system preferences. His problem is that he's being prompted when his applications are attempting to use his keychain, but the password on it is different than his login password. This is documented on Apple's website if you do a search, I remember seeing it because I had the same problem at one point in time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.