Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedAbundance

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2008
New York, NY
actually i never liked the tapered design on the macbook air, and i hope they won't make macbook pro sport a similar tapered shape. i wouldn't mind it having rounder corners though.
i was going to buy a macbook pro after the penryn release, but got an air instead coz i hate the old keyboard and the plastic around the pro's case, and with the knowledge that a redesign is imminent.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
If Apple updates these in June, I will be very sad. So many of us waited extra long for the last update, just to have them throw this in our face a few months later? Its almost like when they dropped the iPhone price $200. I got suckered on that one too. While I appreciate progress, I wish they would have at least released the Penryn versions at Macworld to put in some seperation, or at least let people know that for those who need it, we're bumping the specs, for the rest, we'll be updating the whole shebang in a couple months. Who replaces their new laptop line 3 months after it debuts?

I welcome our new Macbook overlords, but geeze, give us a heads up next time. I'm not going to have enough money for all the cool iPhones and MBPs coming out in June! Although I doubt we will see these in June. It took months for Penryn to come out, and they hardly changed anything. A completely new design would take even longer, unless they've had it for quite awhile. Maybe thats why the last revision took so long...they were making the new design, and so many people were complaining for an update, that they went ahead with a spec bump. I just wish I had figured this out before I bought my new machine!

// Off topic

My new MBP loves me, though, it always starts acting funny around my girlfriend. She thinks the Mac is jealous and hates her. Its quite comical. She calls the MBP Mackenzie and my iPhone Isabella, or Izzy for short. She thinks I love them more than her! While its close, I still love her more... :D

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
UK
oh dear, IMO there go the iconic white macs and in come the steel/black PC clones :(

I love white macs!

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
Mockup of what I think a MacBook Pro 15" may look like based on the iMac design.

macbookproch9.png

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
Good point. Just like in the MBA. Combo Drives-- and Super Drives-- are obsolete. The last thing I tried to install via DVD didn't work anyway, and I had to download it. I pretty much never use my SuperDrive.

i know this won't happen but i'm kinda for it too, i don't use it much and i would rather none of the lines came with any optical drive, making it thinner and lowering the price, and just get one usb superdrive that i can use with whatever computer i have.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
I really happy with my new Penryn MacBook Pro! I'll let you rev A'er's steal the limelight and then wait for the design kinks to be ironed out. But this baby will last me several years yet so I'll probably be looking at the next major design revision... :D

RedAbundance

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2008
New York, NY
i highly doubt the new redesigned macbook pro will come out in june. more likely after back to school sale i suppose, especially if current demand for macbook pro is still high.

and i agree i felt so cheated when i stood in line on three different mornings for more than 2 hours each time trying to throw 600 dollars to apple for the iphone only to have it reduced to 400 merely weeks later. i don't think it's appropriate to lower the price that drastically within the first year.

i would be devasted if apple decide to offer a black version of the air, or to make it thinner with montevina, or to lower the price to 1500 or less. but i guess that's the risk we all have to take with technology for enjoying the lastest NOW.

tba03

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
so i guess it means ****** macbook keyboard on the pro's too, i'll get the last gen noce one when they will get the new outs, no way in hell im putting with the crap keyboard for pro work 18 hours a day in final cut/logic

iPhonePlaya

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2007
back to school season

anyone think the redesigns will be out before september??? my school starts in the end of august and id really like the new redesigned MBP or MB i know people always say they will always come out with something new but i'd prefer to have the new design. but if it doesnt come out before i go away for school i'll prolly have to stick with the current

biggd

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2008
Calgary
Mockup of what I think a MacBook Pro 15" may look like based on the iMac design.

macbookproch9.png

i WAS under the impression, that Apple would add that new translucent keyboard that doubled as a touch screen!
no? with all the new touch patients and rumors, and now this REDESIGN... how could they not add it?

i.maverick

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2007
somewhere I belong
n please.. make the screens better.
a lot better.
and give us the remote with 'em again. why the $19 extra?
out here, thats a grand. a 1000 for a remote.
sheesh!
whiny.. i no.
:rolleyes:

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
I'm on the "June is too early" boat. If these redesigns are timed to coincide with the Montevina platform then probably September/October. If they stick with the current design until the new processors come out then that will be February/March '09

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Well one thing's for sure - if they put the new Macbooks in aluminum or stainless steel cases, they had better work out all the wireless problems that these metal cases seem to cause in the current Macbook Pros first.

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
My 2008 MBP doesn't really overheat or seem to have any wireless issues. Much better than my Dell D820 which has a plastic case.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
>>The MacBook Pro will share a similar design transition to bring it in line with existing iMac and MacBook Air designs

I think that would look hideous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.