Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celebi23

macrumors regular
May 31, 2004
CT
Posting fix in 5 mins...
:)

Well, any ideas? I'm gonna call ADC support again & try to speak to a supervisor b/c it's almost 4pm EST and this is beyond ridiculus that I still have a PSOD

edit:
ADC Phone Support is still waiting on some sort of instruction from Cupertino. They are as much in the dark as we are right now :mad:

akhadr

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
Pink-Bricked iPhone Developer/2.0(Build 5A225c) "Predate" Solution"

***No Firmware/Software downgrade or "Pwnage" tool required***

1. Make sure you still have (or download) the "iphone_os__iphone__5a225c.dmg" image
  2. On your computer Disable "Set Date/Time Automatically" in "System Preferences"
  3. Manually set your computer date back to April 7th, 2008 (or earlier)
  4. Disconnect from any internet/network you're connected to (disable Airport)
  5. Connect PinkBricked Dev/2.0/5A225c iPhone to computer
  6. Remove SIM card
  7. Quit iTunes (or make sure it's not running)
  8. Open/Start Xcode
  9. Open "Organizer" window via "Window"-->Oganizer
  10. In left nav under "Devices" choose your iPhone
  11. In the right/main area, make sure 2.0 (5A225c) is chosen in the "Software Version" drop-down and click "Restore iPhone"
  12. iPhone restores and flashes...
  13. Once done, below the restored iPhone in the "Organizer" window, Xcode displays "This Device is not activated. Please activate it using iTunes."
  14. Your iPhone screen should still look "PinkBricked" with the "Connect to iTunes"/USB image still displayed
  15. Start iTunes
  16. Choose "Setup As New Phone" when prompted in iTunes
  17. Name your iPhone, choose your Calander/Contects/etc... syncing option, and click "Done"
  18. iPhone attempts to sync via iTunes, but iTunes fails and displays error that the "iTunes Store" cannot be reached and fails to fully "Activate" your phone.
  19. Make sure SIM card is still removed (so that your iPhone doesn't pick up date/time info automatically from AT&T/Cellular network).
  20. Reconnect to the internet
  21. Make sure you are watching your iPhone for successful activiation/unPinkBricking
  22. Right (control/ctrl) click iPhone in iTunes and choose "Sync"
  23. This time iTunes reaches the iTunes Store and reactivates your phone.
  24. iPhone should appeared unPinkBricked and display warning about "No SIM Card..."
  25. IMMEDIATELY disconnect your iPhone from your computer
  26. Quickly navigate on your now activated/unPB'ed iPhone to "Settings"-->"General"-->"Date & Time"
  27. Toggle "Set Automatically" to "OFF"
  28. Click "Set Date & Time", then click on the top/date field and set your date to any day before April 8th, 2008 (if you set your computer clock back to before today, AND left your SIM card out, then the date you see here should be equivalent to whatever your set your computer's date to)
  29. Replace your SIM card back into your phone
  30. It *should* detect your AT&T account again, display bars, as well as the Edge "E" symbol (i.e., cell phone functionality fully restored)
  31. Reconnect your iPhone to your computer and start up Xcode.
  32. Xcode should behave and treat your iPhone as normal again (i.e., non-expired development device that is ready to be deployed onto, tested, etc...)

You should also be able to set your computer time back to normal/"Set date & time automatically", as the issue seems to have been completely iPhone-Time triggered.

*SO FAR*...so long as you keep your iPhone's time set to before 4/8/2008, seems like you're good to go.

As with any work-around, I can't guarantee that this will work for everyone AND/OR that it will continue working indefinitely into the future.

All I know is that it worked great for me and I hope it works for you guys too!

:)

technekai

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
sudden pink screen of death for me, too. i registered to be an official developer, but i'm not in yet. they don't want my $99, i'm small fry for them, i guess. i had a friend who IS an official developer provision my iphone so i could run an app i created for the iphone (i posted the app site to these forums and some of you visited my site, so thank you, by the way). i have 2.0 (5A258f).

i can't restore in itunes because "the requested resource was not found." looking through this thread, i tried to restore using the xcode organizer, but the "respore iphone" is greyed out. i don't have any software image backed up on my mac. also grayed out is the option to select 1.1.4 (4A102).

any suggestions? i don't even care to get 2.0 back, the official release will come soon enough anyway. i just want my phone to work. argh. this is what i get for trying to be an early adopter. where do i get an old software image? what is option-clicking the "restore" button in itunes supposed to do, anyway? will that help me?

thanks everyone.

innovationap

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
YOu have two options for your iPhone
1: you can restor and select ipsw file use liberary or same tools that knock your device out of DFU mode.
2: OR your device is expired. install newer version of the OS.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
YOu have two options for your iPhone
1: you can restor and select ipsw file use liberary or same tools that knock your device out of DFU mode.
2: OR your device is expired. install newer version of the OS.

I hope your advice comes with a time machine to almost 5 years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.