Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sptz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Is there any app that can make the dock ( I use it on the left ) on Leopard as small as it could go in Tiger? I hate the fact that I have it set to minimum size and it's almost 2x bigger than in Tiger... I searched everywhere and can't find any...

Sptz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Are you joking me? Did you even bother to my whole post?

nokiauk

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2005
Scotland
how small do you want it, if I move my dock to the left and make it the smallest it will go it's bloody tiny and thats on my 24" screen!!!! :confused:

Sptz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Perhaps that's because of your resolution, I'm on a 15" SR MBP, basically on Tiger the dock was much smaller, now on Leopard there's that ugly border around it which makes it huge compared to Tiger, and I like having the dock the most subtle I can get, and bothers me alot because on Tiger it was really smaller

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
There is nothing more subtle than hiding it. Or, put less programs in your dock, make use of stacks.

zaney

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2008
Middle of a field, UK
I also have a 15" MBP, and if I move my dock to the left and shrink it all the way, I can barely see the icons. I agree, though, that the border is somewhat obtrusive, my only suggestions would be to see if you can replace the Dock image with a different one. There's tutorials for replacing the theme for the 3D dock, but I'm not sure about the 2D one. Try googling for "2D dock theme leopard", or try this http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16782319

Sptz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Well... I could make use of stacks if stacks did work like apple advertise them... for example dragging 5 apps and making a stack of a group of 5 apps... instead of a "lame" generic folder one ..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.