Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleCrisp

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Hi,
Recently I took in my iPod 32 gig to the Apple Store due to the screen having a slight yellowness to it, mostly visible in the menubar that appeared not white at all. So the guy took a look at it and gave me a brand new one. When I came home, I turned it on and it had the same problem as before. Is it worth going back again or should I just keep this one because it seems many of the 32 gigs have this problem.

Thanks in advance..

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2007
Have you ever cleaned it with some sort of solution (glass cleaner etc)

And did you have a protective film on the old one, and the new one?

AppleCrisp

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Have you ever cleaned it with some sort of solution (glass cleaner etc)

And did you have a protective film on the old one, and the new one?

No it was like that the day I got it, same with the new one. The reason I think I keep it is that basically all of the touches they had in store also had the yellowness so I don't think I'll return this one only to get one with a bigger problem... I guess the yellowness isn't too big of a deal.

manram24

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2007
No it was like that the day I got it, same with the new one. The reason I think I keep it is that basically all of the touches they had in store also had the yellowness so I don't think I'll return this one only to get one with a bigger problem... I guess the yellowness isn't too big of a deal.

your weird
your gonna have a yellow screened ipod, wow

bring that thing in man
get a new one

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home

I'd try to get it replaced again, it's a reported problem with some of the first batches of 32GB Touches.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
I'd try to get it replaced again, it's a reported problem with some of the first batches of 32GB Touches.

Yeah, or wait a few days for a new shipment of iPod Touches.

This is just like that whole week-37-messed-up-blacks-on-screen problem, Apple is really letting their quality control down, arnt they?

xanatos

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah, or wait a few days for a new shipment of iPod Touches.

This is just like that whole week-37-messed-up-blacks-on-screen problem, Apple is really letting their quality control down, arnt they?

most defiantly, I went thru 3 ipod touchs with very noticable dead pixels. finally just gave up and accepted the bag quality control at apple right now.I have a zillion dead dots on my screen ugh

anyone else notice really bad grain on their pictures and notes.app.My first touch was very clear yellow on the notes.app now its has this like dirt on it ugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.