Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msa6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Using Safari 3.0 and going to yahoo email. When I begin typing the address in the "To:" field, I get no autocomplete help. This is not the case when I use Firefox as my OS X browser, only Safari. Autofill boxes are all checked...it doesn't make a difference.

Is there a workaround here? Using Firefox isn't a big deal, but I'd like the Safari option, and the ability to get autocomplete to work. Any thoughts? Thanks.

msa6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I updated to 3.1 and now in Yahoo email, when I start typing an address in my contacts in the "To:" field it does autocomplete. But it only works for a single email address; it won't do autocomplete for multiple addresses in the "To:" field, only the first.

In Firefox, I get autocomplete help with multiple addresses. What's up with Safari? Any other suggestions on how to get it to do what Firefox does?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
i think of no way other than write feedback to yahoo and hope they support safari more.

Im not sure if it will work, but doesn't hurt to try to spoof UA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.